Anyone Practice Martial Arts?

Update: a year later my son and I are still training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have a blue belt and am in the best shape of my life. We really enjoy the sport and the people that surround it.

Reactions: Ws6
Excellent update! I'm still rolling as well. Just staying safe at work. Gotta also keep in mind people bite, etc. Too, so also consider that in your training.

I have a 4th degree black belt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and studied Karate and Arnis for many years. I dabbled in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I taught Japanese Jiu Jitsu up until about 4 months ago, and will be doing it again soon, and hopefully return to Karate when my friend gets his school up and running again.
I have family in Queens and Long Island. Could I come visit the dojo and pay for some classes? I have always wanted to learn a martial art but haven't had much luck finding a school near me that isn't for very young students. I'm 32, male. Athletic.

I have family in Queens and Long Island. Could I come visit the dojo and pay for some classes? I have always wanted to learn a martial art but haven't had much luck finding a school near me that isn't for very young students.
The place we were renting space from shut down due to CV19, no word on if the owner is going to re-open. My buddy closed as well. ;(

Back