Anyone looking for some SNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pretty interesting that the usual suspects were crying during our "snow drought" and that things were changing. Then it snowed, as it always does, and we're likely to end the year in the top 20 percentile of winters.

I still have snow where the house shades the lawn. After the three day "spring" here, it's probably going to be gone.

On a semi-related note, my work parking lot pushed snow into a corner during the Thanksgiving weekend snow. Pile was there all through that "snow drought" and now is buried under a 10-12' reinforcement. I'm interested to see how long it takes to melt. The local WM has a huge 40x40X15' pile as well. That one makes May easily.

Here are some pictures. They say 60 degrees Friday. We shall see. Probable get another foot. Propane tank is some where in last photo
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bud
Don't want the snow, but come August I will be glad to send you some of our heat and humidity. And also will send up a load of Texas sized mosquitoes.

I will take the heat Bud. Have to love Texas. Even your mosquitoes are bigger. If Texas would like to be even bigger you can gladly have Vermont as long as i get to come to TEXAS Package deal
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by Bud
Don't want the snow, but come August I will be glad to send you some of our heat and humidity. And also will send up a load of Texas sized mosquitoes.

Ummm...I thought those were hummingbirds?!?!?
GAH!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Planning to shift my work day a bit tomorrow to go skiing...looks like a strong warming trend is coming at the end of the week.
Haven't been up to the condo for a while due to a FL trip for our daughter's softball last week (it was cold there Monday!) so I'd like to check on it, plus I just want to ski.
Sounds like last week might have been some of the best skiing of the entire season...and I bet there will be a huge storm either just before or just after closing day.
I love winter, but I will admit that I prefer to have a modest amount of snow at home and tons of it in the mountains. There has been so much up there this season that we've lost a good chunk of the parking lot to snow that just can't be pushed any farther out of the way...

Only skied for an hour and a half this morning, but conditions were incredible.
The groomers and the bump runs were both great...I zipped down some groomers, did a bump run, more groomers, and then three bump runs in a row. I was beat at that point and would have taken a late breakfast break on a normal day, but it seemed like a good time to head out and get going for work.
Warm and rainy Friday...we'll see how many more good ski days are left in New England.

Huge snow piles this winter due in part to the cold temps keeping all the snow from melting gradually.

Today has a high of 50 degrees. So now there's a flood warning for the entire state due to all the sudden melting piles of snow.

Come on now.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by DejaVue

Today is March 11. Last year, we got 24" of snow in one day. In April.

The first day of spring was March 20.
Today is April 14.
It's not 24", but...

[Linked Image]

Snow? Ain't that some mythical beast, like Ghidra or Mothra?

I think we had some dustings in the northern part of the state in the winter of '17-'18. I don't think I've seen any here, let alone any that stuck, since 2011 or so.

And yes, I wish I lived where it did snow. And someday I will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back