Anyone know of a landline phone with audio caller ID?

I was thinking corded but….the second one should work
Whats wrong with the first one that is 60% cheaper?

Also when posting links remove the referral and wayne will pull his remaining hair out less. :sneaky:

That would be everything after B0B4F4DH6H in nukeman's link.
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Bluetooth-Headphones-Bilingual-Expandable/dp/B0B4F4DH6H
/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_pd_sbs_rvi_sccl_1_2/135-8840491-3303113?pd_rd_w=lplrm&content-id=amzn1.sym.a089f039-4dde-401a-9041-8b534ae99e65&pf_rd_
p=a089f039-4dde-401a-9041-8b534ae99e65&pf_rd_r=YYA557DKKXK3PAQPPPDD&pd_rd_wg=U4wiY&pd_rd_r=0f1209ba-0dfd-4220-85c2-326e788bc290&pd_rd_i=B0B4F4DH6H&th=1

If I remember correctly during the short duration we switched to Straight Talk for our landline they had that it would say the persons name or number then it would also read a voicemail if it was left. That was also in like 2014-16 so I’m not sure if that is still offered or not. I would think it would still be the same.

Whats wrong with the first one that is 60% cheaper?

Also when posting links remove the referral and wayne will pull his remaining hair out less. :sneaky:

That would be everything after B0B4F4DH6H in nukeman's link.
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Bluetooth-Headphones-Bilingual-Expandable/dp/B0B4F4DH6H
/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_pd_sbs_rvi_sccl_1_2/135-8840491-3303113?pd_rd_w=lplrm&content-id=amzn1.sym.a089f039-4dde-401a-9041-8b534ae99e65&pf_rd_
p=a089f039-4dde-401a-9041-8b534ae99e65&pf_rd_r=YYA557DKKXK3PAQPPPDD&pd_rd_wg=U4wiY&pd_rd_r=0f1209ba-0dfd-4220-85c2-326e788bc290&pd_rd_i=B0B4F4DH6H&th=1
Not big buttons and display

Why do you need audio caller id?

1) By the time the phone speaks out the number, the caller will have hung up.

2) Hearing the number won't resister in peoples mind as well as seeing the number written out in the display.

3) If there is a vision problem, large format displays are available. Have this for 10 years on the kitchen wall and love how I can see from across the room what number is calling without running for the phone,

Why do you need audio caller id?

2) Hearing the number won't resister in peoples mind as well as seeing the number written out in the display.

3) If there is a vision problem, large format displays are available. Have this for 10 years on the kitchen wall and love how I can see from across the room what number is calling without running for the phone,
For my parents who are mostly blind in their 90s

They like their current set up it just has issues- they want similar system and don’t want to look at and read phone display real time

I could use a phone with caller ID myself. I got this lady from Airgas that calls me up everyday trying to sell me welding supplies.

My first cordless was a Sony that, being analog, and in the 2.4Ghz band, was always at risk of interference of some kind.

I've had a Panny cordless DECT system with the talking caller ID for over a decade now.

Was always too cheap to pay for the feature when I had a land line, but after switching to a service where it was standard, the phones started to say "Call from …" when it rings. Most called IDs are spoofed now, but it's something.

DECT sounds just like a corded phone, and if the current models are like mine, they take standard AAA NiMH cells, so no proprietary battery hassles if they ever wear out. Mine are still using the original cells they came with. It also functions for about an hour during a power outage.

Only newer feature I wish mine had is call blocking, but not enough to replace the system.

Costco has a quad set on sale for $65 now. Can put one in every room they frequent, and also be linked to cell phones.

My grandma had a corded rotary dial phone until the day she passed, but if they're not too averse to a "techy" phone, and can get past the buttons and the displays, cordless is really much more convenient. Easy enough to return if not to their liking.

If the caller ID has a name on the first line the system will say "Call from" and speak the name.

We bought my elderly mom a ATT branded phone from Best Buy that does that, but that was several years ago. My not be mfg any longer.

Back