Anyone have a 2018 Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a 200 for a rental, not impressed. I came from an'88 BMW 528e. My'16 Camry LE is a rocket ship compared to it. And gets 37.2 MPG in mixed driving. I miss the inline 6 and RWD. But not bad enough to pay for iffy reliability and can't see a Lexus V8

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX

Toyota keeps plugging away with the same old thing year after year after year. Of course they dont break if your using the same engine for 25 yrs and the same transmission for 20 yrs. If you dont get the kinks out by then??

Look at the Corolla. JUST THIS YEAR it got away from a 4 spd auto that has been in the car since the early 90's. They put in a CVT. The platform of this car is over 10 yrs old as is the engine. Come on.

Jeff

Spot on. I remember when GM was getting a lot of flack both from car reviewers and internet for not updating their Cavaliers, Buick lineup etc. And these vehicles were pretty rock solid as well, but since it was GM, it could not be good. Now that Toyota does it with most of their lineup, it's perfect because "reliability".

HAhahahaha, +1

Originally Posted By: Dorian
The update fixed a lot of the general complaints that we have about our 14.5. The mileage is incredible! 29/41 for the L. The only complaint is the poor sounding doors when they shut and that the trunk is slightly smaller. The door problem can be fixed with some Dynamat or a generic form of sound proofing.

B-but once you take care of the sound proofing and get the TSBs done, I bet it's the perfect vehicle
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 007

Way more pros than cons despite what the haters say.

If the standard becomes a greater proportion of pros than cons, it's fair to say most new vehicles qualify.
Quote:

Great styling imo

Don't think I've heard one genuine testimony of a recent Toyota being considered "great styling", quite the opposite
wink.gif

Quote:
and of course legendary Toyota reliability.

Notice how it's always 'legendary?' (as in only existing in legend)
lol.gif

Quote:

I work in Quality Control and every conference I go to Toyota is the case study everyone benchmarks. Someone called their reliability “subjective”. What a load of [censored].

Quality control?Toyota is every example, huh? Sounds legit. I work in Top Initial Quality and all our conferences study Hyundai. Every single conference.
cheers3.gif
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a liar!!!

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol

Way more pros than cons despite what the haters say.

If the standard becomes a greater proportion of pros than cons, it's fair to say most new vehicles qualify.
Quote:

Great styling imo

Don't think I've heard one genuine testimony of a recent Toyota being considered "great styling", quite the opposite
wink.gif

Quote:
and of course legendary Toyota reliability.

Notice how it's always 'legendary?' (as in only existing in legend)
lol.gif

Quote:

I work in Quality Control and every conference I go to Toyota is the case study everyone benchmarks. Someone called their reliability “subjective”. What a load of [censored].

Quality control?Toyota is every example, huh? Sounds legit. I work in Top Initial Quality and all our conferences study Hyundai. Every single conference.
cheers3.gif
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a liar!!!

Hyundai??? LMAO. Now that’s a new one. I’ve never heard them mentioned in any conference I’ve been to. How many books have been written about Hyundai quality?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
I have a 2012 Camry L with 25K and was thinking of getting a 2018. Any pros or cons with the 2018?

Way more pros than cons despite what the haters say. Great styling imo and of course legendary Toyota reliability. I work in Quality Control and every conference I go to Toyota is the case study everyone benchmarks. Someone called their reliability “subjective”. What a load of [censored].

But you own a Toyota and cant say your at all "Biased" so yes, your remarks are "Subjective" like everyone else's.

Sorry to burst your bubble. So who really are the "haters" here?

Jeff

Toyota of Yesteryear, and Toyota of Today are two totally Different Toyotas.

Are they decent cars? Sure. Are they innovative? unique in anyway? No.

Any Company that doesn't push the envelope isn't going to have problems. I like Toyota but they have nothing on the lot I would drop my hard earned money on. Their cars are not real performers, handle ok, get ok mileage unless you buy a Hybrid.

There is nothing "Special" about them. Reliability is all they have to fall back on and now a days? There are MANY reliable cars that are actually fun to drive.

So if you want to trade your boring 2012 Camry in for another Borning 2018 Camry? Go for it. Who are we to tell you not to?

Jeff

I have a 2012 Camry L with 25K and was thinking of getting a 2018. Any pros or cons with the 2018?

Way more pros than cons despite what the haters say. Great styling imo and of course legendary Toyota reliability. I work in Quality Control and every conference I go to Toyota is the case study everyone benchmarks. Someone called their reliability “subjective”. What a load of [censored].

But you own a Toyota and cant say your at all "Biased" so yes, your remarks are "Subjective" like everyone else's.

Jeff

You didn’t burst my bubble pal. Styling is subjective, but quality isn’t. There’s plenty of data to back that up. As for VW, now there’s a real company to aspire to.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
It's like asking if you should replace a 5 year old toaster, a Camry is just a more expensive appliance. Is the new one more exciting? No. Is the new one better for reliability? Remains to be seen. Is your old one not working? Fill in your answer. Will the new one toast your bread any better?

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
It's like asking if you should replace a 5 year old toaster, a Camry is just a more expensive appliance. Is the new one more exciting? No. Is the new one better for reliability? Remains to be seen. Is your old one not working? Fill in your answer. Will the new one toast your bread any better?

Why are you so ornery? Probably all those Jeep payments and you still don’t have anything to drive.

Jeff

You didn’t burst my bubble pal. Styling is subjective, but quality isn’t. There’s plenty of data to back that up. As for VW, now there’s a real company to aspire to.
thumbsup2.gif

Only pun you can throw how original. haha. OK Buddy. Your So Cool. You make Frosty jealous.

And for the record, my GTI has been more reliable than my past Toyota. The Toyota left me stranded. My VW never has. To each their own.

To aspire to? Like Toyota is any better? Both companies are liars? At least VW didn't get anyone killed. OOPPS guess you forgot about that or your one of those "It was the wrong floor mats" type of people. RIGHT. LIARS just the same.

OP Keep your car, if you wanted the new one bad enough you wouldn't be asking us. Save your money for something else, like paying off your house or putting it in a 401k or something that will earn you money.

Coming here for advice?? well you can see where it takes you. Sad. I know.

Love You all anyway....Its like a family here, brothers and sisters fighting, arguing, but still lots of love. Dont take any of this seriously.

The part about saving your money though?? Take that seriously.

Jeff

Last edited:
There’s plenty of data to back that up. As for VW, now there’s a real company to aspire to.
thumbsup2.gif

Well, VW owns Porsche and Lamborghini so I'd like to be them lol.

I think the OP should stay with his current Camry. It has 25k miles on it, that's practically brand new! I think even Toyota's quality has declined in recent years. I have family and friends who have been long time Toyota owners and even they think the older ones were much better. Not saying Toyota is poor quality, they make some good vehicles, but I wouldn't buy a new one thinking it is better than a 2012 in every single way.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Came in first place in the recent CR Buying Guide issue. Second was the Subaru Legacy, 3rd Kia Optima etc.

They now have a regular oil filter, same one that the 05 Matrix uses. So no more canister.

You probably don't need it since you're 2012 has such low miles. But I think they did a nice job on the new one. The beltline was lowered so better visibility.

CR? LOL All they care about is trunk space and cup holders.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
CR? LOL All they care about is trunk space and cup holders.

They don't like Acuras much these days either. Hondas score a little better esp the less complex ones.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper

Just all the vehicles in your signature, heavy, slow toasters with bad ratings.

Only pun you can throw how original. haha. OK Buddy. Your So Cool. You make Frosty jealous.

And for the record, my GTI has been more reliable than my past Toyota. The Toyota left me stranded. My VW never has. To each their own.

To aspire to? Like Toyota is any better? Both companies are liars? At least VW didn't get anyone killed. OOPPS guess you forgot about that or your one of those "It was the wrong floor mats" type of people. RIGHT. LIARS just the same.

OP Keep your car, if you wanted the new one bad enough you wouldn't be asking us. Save your money for something else, like paying off your house or putting it in a 401k or something that will earn you money.

Coming here for advice?? well you can see where it takes you. Sad. I know.

Love You all anyway....Its like a family here, brothers and sisters fighting, arguing, but still lots of love. Dont take any of this seriously.

The part about saving your money though?? Take that seriously.

I remember you mentioning you're on disability from the sheriff's dept. So are you working any other jobs now? I say get to work and it will make you feel better. I see people in wheel chairs working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back