Anybody use the hose attachment on there mowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it everytime I mow. But, you have to let it run much longer than you think for it to do a reasonable job. Let it run with blade spinning for at least 5 minutes.

Originally Posted By: Oily_Thing
My hose isn't long enough to let me mow the entire yard with the water running under the deck. It does seem to do a nice job of watering the grass though.

crackmeup2.gif

I turn my push mower on its side and hose out the deck every time I mow. I also spray off the rest of the mower. Then I start it back up, turn the fuel off, and let it run until the carb runs dry. This way the blade is drying off the underside, and the engine heat dries off the engine.

L8R,
Matt

No. I found a very hard plastic scrub brush with a scraper on one side which is tough enough to remove dirt and grass but not so tough as to scratch my mower. I lift the front of my push mower and place it on a jack stand. I blast the bottom of the mower with water to soften any stubborn stuff. Then its on to the scraper followed by a quick scrub and rinse. I do the same with my riding mower by using a floor jack and two jack stands. Then I'm good to go for a while.

Quote:
On a rider they say it is a good way to get water in the bearings on the blade deck.

The spindle bearings are sealed both sides.

My 2¢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back