Anybody drinking more liquor these days?

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
....the occasional Ceaser (Vodka and Clamato juice.) Got to get my greens....

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

I think I'm upped a little bit just due to the hanging around more of recent rules.
I'm a one beer a day guy typically but I'd accurately round it to 10 / week.
Now, I'm probably closer to 12 a week but occasionally a beer sounds too filling and summer temps are flirting with us so I stir up a gin and tonic once in a while.
Not additionally but in substitute of a beer. I keep a pretty level head about it because I consider myself a lightweight.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Not a drop in over 34 years.
Haven't been in jail in over 34 years. Ha!

01.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
No change for me. A couple of beer per month, if I'm lucky. I know I had one in march and I definitely had one on april 1st.

I love my scotch but only drink it when friends visit.

I guess this whole lockdown thing hasn't changed my drinking habits, which are next to nonexistent.

Originally Posted by BrianF
I love my scotch but only drink it when friends visit.

Never understood why some people do that. If you love it, why do you need friends to enjoy it? I mean, I love potato chips and have some any time I want to. Within moderation of course.

I'm happy to see many comfortable with chiming in that don't drink or don't anymore. Would not like to think anyone feels judged or the need to defend why they don't choose to or changed. I would not drink anything I didn't like the taste of either. That's reason enough. If seeing friends or family members struggling with drink, that's a tough thing to be close to.

I call myself a lightweight because if I have two beers in a day and even within a few hours, I'll feel a bit woozy and almost certainly end up napping. I usually keep and eye on the ABV too. I like a good tasting beer and try a few different ones now and then but I'll really nurse it if its a 7 percent or more. That kind of kick has snuck up on me before. There are times I'll make sure I have the 4 to 5% around just to play it safe. I can drink pilsner and lager just fine and they fit the ABV I tend to keep handy.

A beer can almost go room temp and it won't bother me. In fact beer can be too cold for my prefs a lot of times. For this reason, I sometimes have one out for near and hour or even more. Other times, I'll feel it's better to push the cap back on and let it rest in the refrigerator. That's a way for me to enjoy some and still feel I can skip out in the car and run an errand or whatever being safe.

Originally Posted by bachman
I call myself a lightweight because if I have two beers in a day and even within a few hours, I'll feel a bit woozy and almost certainly end up napping. I usually keep and eye on the ABV too. I like a good tasting beer and try a few different ones now and then but I'll really nurse it if its a 7 percent or more. That kind of kick has snuck up on me before. There are times I'll make sure I have the 4 to 5% around just to play it safe. I can drink pilsner and lager just fine and they fit the ABV I tend to keep handy.

A beer can almost go room temp and it won't bother me. In fact beer can be too cold for my prefs a lot of times. For this reason, I sometimes have one out for near and hour or even more. Other times, I'll feel it's better to push the cap back on and let it rest in the refrigerator. That's a way for me to enjoy some and still feel I can skip out in the car and run an errand or whatever being safe.

A couple drinks a day (on average) is probably the healthiest thing of all...

I don't drink...but right now, pouring a quart of something down my gullet is looking pretty good. What's the cheapest 100+ proof liquor on the market?

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
I don't drink...but right now, pouring a quart of something down my gullet is looking pretty good. What's the cheapest 100+ proof liquor on the market?

E85?

Originally Posted by atikovi

E85?

No availability around here.

Sounds like you've said or done something you think deserved of intestinal inferno.
Tell us more about THAT first !
shocked2.gif

I had a snip of a product that came in mason jar type glass called Georgia Moon I think.
Killed my tastebuds and dulled a few other senses for a while ... Not the effect of over consumption, just the lighter fluid "authenticity" likely. If there is motive for that yearning, I'm clueless.
grin2.gif

Sounds like you've said or done something you think deserved of intestinal inferno.
shocked2.gif

I had a snip of a product that came in mason jar type glass called Georgia Moon I think.
Killed my tastebuds and dulled a few other senses for a while ... Not the effect of over consumption, just the lighter fluid "authenticity" likely. If there is motive for that yearning, I'm clueless.
grin2.gif

Just watching the world come apart around me...might care about it less if I'm loaded.

We don't drink this every night, but we have enjoyed these combos of late. Nothing wrong with a root beer float or Vanilla Coke a couple times a week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In response to atikovi: I love the taste of scotch but it does not sit well with me anymore so I save it for special occasions. I have been a scotch drinker since my late teens. Not a conisour or snob though. I did have a sweet spot for Johnnie Walker blue...

I pretty much gave up drinking about about 15 years ago and now after half a beer my face is flushed and I start to burn up a bit. So I just limit my intake.

I prefer craft beer with little or no preservatives or other garbage. Sits much better with me.

shocked2.gif

grin2.gif

Just watching the world come apart around me...might care about it less if I'm loaded.

I hear ya.
I've tuned to local news when I do tune in. I get a better dose of straight dope, healthcare updates that are meaningful (an accurate) on the local level, a lot less bloviating, political innuendo and opinion's being sold as news or truth.
I admit I scan facebook to see what friends are up to and family pictures etc.... but truth is, it's difficult to not get drawn into the fray on many platforms . IMO, people are confused, upset, stressed and getting all sorts of conflicting info from too many "experts".
Dumbing it down is the smartest thing I've done in the past few weeks.

shocked2.gif

grin2.gif

Just buy some cheap beer then...

Yes. Jack Daniels, if you please. Lots of overtime at work, but nowhere to go on my time off. So...as a side benefit I noticed and befriended a pretty hot neighbor lady! How did I not notice her before?

Originally Posted by HM12460
Yes. Jack Daniels, if you please. Lots of overtime at work, but nowhere to go on my time off. So...as a side benefit I noticed and befriended a pretty hot neighbor lady! How did I not notice her before?

So ,,,, you're saying you don't watch
THE HOT WOMEN of WEST MICHIGAN channel on DISH ? Sure, I believe you.
lol.gif

I wish I'd have spent more time on that side of the state. Love being near the water and boats or ON the water and ON boats.

Back