Another oil from Valvoline…

It may be an alternative for some us who want the cleaning power of HPL but don’t do extended OCI’s. I wonder if it’ll be sold at the same price as their now defunct Extended Protection line?

Who would buy the Advanced, if both were the same price?
Short answer.... starts with a N - ends with an E - (two words) - number of letters for the words, all on one hand.

The EP was / is very good motor oil. But the 1500 Calcium number had me move out of Saudi Arabia, Michigan.
Good thing our Colorado 4X4 has 4WD and handles the desert sand adequately.

Wait - the only large amount of sand we have here in Lower Michigan is at the Sand Dunes on the Western End of our fine state. But I've never seen anyone there who wears a turban.

Last edited:
Interesting promo, would love to see their claim and price point. I think the best we have is $27/5 quart euro m1 0w40.

i do think that for an oil to succeed they need to appeal to the non bitogers, so the avg walmart customer, hence the marketing run for most oils these days.

It appears that it isn't recommended anymore, at least for me. Seeing as it was announced two years ago, after they sold it maybe they decided to not release it as they already have extended protection, or perhaps it was supposed to be the modern engine replacement, who even knows at this point. It looks like they maybe informed the website team to that lol

It appears that it isn't recommended anymore, at least for me. Seeing as it was announced two years ago, after they sold it maybe they decided to not release it as they already have extended protection, or perhaps it was supposed to be the modern engine replacement, who even knows at this point. It looks like they maybe informed the website team to that lol
2024 is when it is going to be released.

I figure they would have left it on the site then lol
Valvoline Global has a recent post on their fb page, showing a teaser of the white graphic being partially ripped away from the oil jug. Coming soon.

Their marketing guy must be lurking. Knows just how to bother bitogers with disappearing webpages and no real information. Acting like this is some groundbreaking trade secret.

1702405664473.jpg

They're claiming it's the only oil that can clean whereas the others just capture carbon. I'm not sure I agree. Oils with high solvency such as HPL, Amsoil and certain grades of Mobil 1 can clean.

They're back to recommending it on the product selector. It's available in 0w20 based on my vehicle input

I've used Valvoline full synthetics for years since out of dealership service and not a single problem with their oils I usually stick with their FS high mileage for the past 6 oil changes. Drove 20,000 miles this year and about to hit my 4th oil change near the end of December.

My mind is set on sticking with HPL PCMO for the rest of the future to see how well they do for my 140,000 - 300,000 mile journey on semi-extended drains to cut my oil drains and operating cost in half throughout 2024 year with some oil analysis sampled in the initial 5-10k run to plot trends.

I might try these oils out on my younger brother's 2014 RAM 2500 Promaster since he's given me the rundown of his vehicle history under previous ownership and is looking to save on money vs going to quick lube outlets.

“Active Clean” technology and “Liqui Shield”. What, no intelligent molecules?

Seriously though I think this is going to be something really good but the marketing ugh.

Hope it is priced for mere mortals.

Ironically it's still not available for purchase yet and on their website they have a lot of reviews that are all from some website where the reviewer received the product for free, I have not checked out that website to see if it seems legit or not. I know on Amazon and other websites you really have to watch out for all the fake reviews.

Even on their website there is no link of where to purchase this.

Back