Another oil from Valvoline…

I believe this there new tear of oil that it has not hit store self yet maybe this might be replacing there old mordern engine to restore and protect that my guess.

I chat with valvoline global and rep say it for valvoline express oil change location only then I call 1800 she there website has recommended issue they don’t have any information about this restore and protect. They as well employees don’t have do not have any data about this oil .

I chat with valvoline global and rep say it for valvoline express oil change location only then I call 1800 she there website has recommended issue they don’t have any information about this restore and protect. They as well employees don’t have do not have any data about this oil .
Dang.

Checked my local Walmart yesterday. No sign of the new oil yet. All other Valvoline products were very recently stocked and there was no free space on the shelves yet for a new type.

Nope. I just put my 23 Ford F150 in their system selector and it popped this up as the first choice in 5w30.
You're right. Interesting. This is an interesting product.

1694260158741.jpg

^^Possibly, yes.
I'm still getting over the Ford's "6.02 qt." oil capacity 2 posts above.
But when I do the math...it's 5.697.04473 liters, it all makes sense.

This is kind of the golden age of synthetics when you think about it. In the 80's through early 2000s you really only had Mobil 1, Amsoil and Red Line. At that time the off shelf synthetics were not good at all. Now you have so many options and even the majors are formulating higher tiered synthetic oil. More boutique brands too.

Try a Cummins dealer (Parts Dept). Ask for by part #, because they will look at you like you’re a 4-eyed alien if you ask for Valvoline PBR.

No guarantees. I haven’t used the “new stuff.” they may or may not have it. Don’t expect Walmart pricing. Expect HPL-type pricing.

645B556B-7267-40C5-940C-46CD663B2B28.jpeg

If you’re feeling lucky, you can ask for 877377. that’s the old stuff. It was ~$75/gal. Be careful about having it shipped. One dealer tore me a new a**hole on shipping one time. You’ll do better if it’s more of a regional distribution center, that might actually have it in stock.
PS, compared to the other (Walmart) stuff I tried, I was pretty happy with it in my Ford Ecoboost 3.5…but I don’t have a lot of experience with a bunch of different oils in the EB, just a few. Was talked into trying Amsoil next, but have only 2300 miles on current fill.

Last edited:
I think valvoline website had some issues so . This was updated before they even released product to public. My guess

And with that this becomes the next BITOG cleaning oil obsession.

I called their tech support a week or so ago. The guy gave me his email and wanted me to send him the screen shot of this product because he couldn't find it. I sent him the images and he never responded back. So this product is either dead or scheduled for some other time I'm guessing.

I believe the Premium Blue Restore product was going for $70+ a gallon when it was introduced.

My money would be on NOT seeing this on the sale shelf at "Walmart".

EDIT* Upon further investigation it appears Orielly's has it listed for $12.99/qt. So maybe it will be on the shelf at Walmart.
Do you have a link? I couldn't find it at all?

Back