Amsoil cold engine tap

I see it does have stationary hydraulic lash adjusters with finger followers. Wet timing system

Are you confident you assembled the filter properly? Unless loud rapping warmed, I would ignore.

View attachment 194091
I'm pretty confident I did it right. This morning I didn't even notice it but wasn't as cold. May not be any issue at all. I'm not going to bother changing oil and filter till needed. If the problem is bad enough, it will show its self. First time using Amsoil and can't say that I'm sold on it.

So when it gets below freezing, my 2011 Chevy Cruze has a tap noticeable when I accelerate. I recently changed the oil to amsoil 5w30 signature never had used it before. Its never done this with any other brand like Mobil/shell/valvoline either. Any one else experience this with amsoil? Could it be a cruze thing? I'm 2nd owner, engine has 152k.
I think it just happened to be coincidence, The vehicle shown its age and mileage. Oil doesn’t make a sound engines do.

I'm pretty confident I did it right. This morning I didn't even notice it but wasn't as cold. May not be any issue at all. I'm not going to bother changing oil and filter till needed. If the problem is bad enough, it will show its self. First time using Amsoil and can't say that I'm sold on it.
Could be some of the ester content loosened something up. A possibility? Maybe.

I’m not saying this happens often…

I had changed the oil in the lady’s 98 Camry one time with Super S 5w30 and it was noticeably louder as soon as I started the car right after that… You would have to have been as deaf as all get out not to notice it…. Even my wife noticed the difference.

Took that oil out after just 1400 miles and put Federated Auto parts semi synthetic oil from Warren Distribution in the car… Has soon as I started that car it was way, way, quieter.
I had the same experience with the same oil on my '02 Camry

Back