Amazon Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be crazy so have to watch.
Recently bought some PYB 5w-30 in the jugs. It was $15.xx each.
On the same page you could get it in the old packaging for about double the price
eek.gif

Then at one time on the same page you get a 3-pack mid $90s (gone last I checked).
Then the next day the $15.xx went up to $19.xx for the day, back down the following day.

Then as usual I can order like 6 of the same item, get 5 in a box, later 1 in a great big box - 1 little item in a big box with lots and lots of bubble wrap for an item most likely couldn't get damaged.

Then again sometimes it's nice service as yesterday I ordered a mirror (vehicle mirror dash cam) and received it hours later, same day delivery (prime). At my location I qualify for certain items with a 2-hour delivery.

I'm about to buy an item that is almost $100 cheaper via Amazon compared to a local on sale price.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
One thing on Amazon
If somebody searches your email addy or phone number your Amazon Wish list can be found
Just keep that in mind if that kind of stuff bothers you.

Not if you mark it private.

The infamous Amazon pricing engine produces hilarity, sadness and occasionally, opportunity.

As already stated, put camelcamelcamel.com on the job for every item on your private wishlist, sit back and wait for the deals to trickle in.

Over the past year I've purchased a front bumper, two replacement headlamps and some other items to rebuild the front of my old Dakota. All at crazy low prices, like the bumper was under $100... Prime delivery. All thanks to the Camel, and Amazon's crazy pricing engine.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: madRiver
It makes absolute sense to be dynamic and competitive with other places along with demand.

Seriously?

Competitive & Dynamic on an hourly basis?

When you go to the grocery store, should you expect the price of the items in your cart to have changed by the time you reach the check out counter?

I don't think anyone would consider that reasonable.

To the OP, if you have Prime then why not just place partial orders as you find them? I seldom find my Amazon orders are shipped to me in one box anyway. I did have something similar happen as you describe for just one single item which jumped $5/each and I had ordered quantity six. The price jumped while I was completing my billing details.

To be fair that's not a great comparison. Many times more then not those works out in the buyers favor but it's not guaranteed. I think you just got the short end of the stick on that one. It's hard to stay competitive online. You basically have to keep up with not only the competition on that site but every other site as well.

These changes have to happen at some point.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series

To be fair that's not a great comparison. Many times more then not those works out in the buyers favor but it's not guaranteed. I think you just got the short end of the stick on that one. It's hard to stay competitive online. You basically have to keep up with not only the competition on that site but every other site as well.

I don't understand your last sentence. Which changes?

As for a price changing a few cents, is that really enought to make you switch vendors? I could care a less. I look for Prime Shipping and feedback. I only use Amazon and no other websites. I despise the cheap Chinese junk sold on ebay as it is even [censored] than the products from The Dollar Store.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: 3800Series

I don't understand your last sentence. Which changes?

As for a price changing a few cents, is that really enought to make you switch vendors? I could care a less. I look for Prime Shipping and feedback. I only use Amazon and no other websites. I despise the cheap Chinese junk sold on ebay as it is even [censored] than the products from The Dollar Store.

Price changes.

They are priced by algorithm based on demand and supply. What most people also don't know is the inventory shown is different depends on your physical location. If they are low they would show out of stock to people far away and in stock to people near by (cheaper shipping).

Make sense right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back