Simple return on Amazon

It really depends on the actual order.
I've had some you couldnt return to kohl's
luckily CVS .52 miles from my house is now UPS dropoff/pickup.
and walgreens 2.5miles away is fedex.

Otherwise its 10+ miles.
Just me…I would never leave an item of any kind at a drop off.
You could say my work is such since UPS doesn’t come to the mailroom. Not lots. But few valuable things gone. Need a receipt on personal shipments or no dice for me

but taking it to the UPS Store costs $1 and to me it's worth it.
I soooooooooo much preferred returning Amazon products with printing a label and putting out for them to pick up. Now I have to drive a good 20 minutes to a very congested area at the UPS store. Not convenient at all for me.
Is everyone being charged $1 even for the QR code return option at a UPS Store now ? We buy A LOT via Amazon so we do have some returns and I wasn't sure if Amazon was dinging us for "too many" returns. They used to give a free option of just printing a label which works perfect for me since I have access to a UPS pick-up on a daily basis. Right now, they charge $6.99 for this but if you contact them, you can get around that. The local UPS store is great but they're busy, busy, busy. I know the owner and could probably get away with skipping the lines and setting my item behind their counter but I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't get a receipt proving I dropped it off but I trust them.

Unfortunately, free returns are going to go away soon. So is ad free Prime video.
Amazon needs more money.
It’s unsustainable, and yes I own the stock.

I remember when even at HD they were trained to make customers feel bad about returning things and went as far as refusing to accept items (contact mfg even if it broke upon first use).

I personally have not been hit with a return charge YET.
UPS may be the main driver of the charges. Last time I did the QR code return, the UPS store had one person dedicated full time to the Amazon returns line!
I don't return many items though.

It’s unsustainable, and yes I own the stock.

I remember when even at HD they were trained to make customers feel bad about returning things and went as far as refusing to accept items (contact mfg even if it broke upon first use).
I wish I'd have bought the stock last year. I'm a bit dubious of buying now.

On one hand, I can see how this isn't the responsibility of the store. Plus, as I understand it, when we return a damaged item to stores like HD, Walmart, etc, they just throw them in the trash. They don't even keep track and ask the vendor for reimbursement - it's just too much work, I guess.

I personally have not been hit with a return charge YET.
Not too long ago, it seemed to depend on the reason you select for the return reason. I won't lie on that selection either like saying it was broken which if that were the case, you'd expect Amazon to cover it more than if you picked "bought by mistake".

Last time I did the QR code return, the UPS store had one person dedicated full time to the Amazon returns line!
I actually mentioned the volume that Amazon returns generate and the store owner suggested that Amazon pays well for them handling this. My impression wasn't that UPS stores tell Amazon "this is how much you'll pay us" but the opposite and the stores jump at it.

Why do you need to report back, OP? This isn’t 1999. This place called Amazon actually sells and ships lots of stuff, and they give lots of ways to return it, assuming you buy from them.

Why do you need to report back, OP? This isn’t 1999. This place called Amazon actually sells and ships lots of stuff, and they give lots of ways to return it, assuming you buy from them.
So far it generated two pages of interesting comments. A place like Rock Auto asseses blame and won’t necessarily do a return for free. I didn’t know Amazon is no questions asked, no packing required, and a quick refund, and across the border to boot! Maybe this helped some others. :cool:

I actually returned an item today at Kohls, it’s been a couple years since my last Amazon return. I was amazed how the people in line in front of me had multiple items, like 3-4 each. The Kohls employee asked me “just one”? I guess I was the odd ball returning only a single item.

I just got notified by Amazon that they received the package and they returned my money to my credit card. So, maybe it’s a Canadian thing that they waited until they got the package before they released the money?

I purchased an item on Amazon that was the wrong size ( my fault ). At first I thought it wasn’t worth paying to return it, but then I decided to hit the return button. It generated a QR and gave instructions to take the original package to a local Purolator. I did just that. I didn’t wrap it, just handed over the package, and the clerk scanned the QR, and took the package. Done. I’ll report back on whether or not I got my refund.
That's how we do it . Walk in the UPS store and hand them the item . They scan the code that's on my phone . In and out .

I've found returns in the past few years to be much more of a hassle than they used to be. Have to drop off at a UPS store 40 minutes away or pay for shipping.
Staples (office supply store ) take returns here . No line either

Purolator filters bought American Courier and renamed it Purolator courier. Then Emery Worldwide bought them in the late 80’s. The Canadian subsidiary was bought by Onex and became a stand alone company.

IMG_0338.gif

Back