Amazon, again.

They should use UPS for such items.
I realize I'm quoting from weeks ago and I said this in another thread, but: Amazon has been sending me oil filters in the plastic envelopes via UPS.

We all know oil filter boxes are very thin, so by the time they get to me the filter has torn through or worn through the box, and on two occasions the top (dome) was dented.

These are not padded envelopes and they're not Tyvek -- they're almost more like a thick trash bag but white.

Point being, UPS ain't the problem here but they're no better.

Both times Amazon wants the old filter back. I understand the potential for customer abuse but what good is a dented filter to them? And for a woke company, they're sure burning fossil fuels just to ship defective merchandise around the country.

Amazon is starting to go downhill quick. Shipping times for prime are getting rarely on time, no more asked questions section, and reviews are one star with a number beside. and searches are not pinpointing what you're looking for as much. gets you to look at things you don't really want.
Amazon has started down the pathway of “enshittification” or platform decay. This sort of explains why Amazon used to be great for consumers but is increasingly worse to use.

Amazon has started down the pathway of “enshittification” or platform decay. This sort of explains why Amazon used to be great for consumers but is increasingly worse to use.

Coming to bite them in the arse....

Thanks for posting this article.. I always wonder why I'm having to research further and differently to find products on Amazon. It's their search engine, makes sense.. But now I know what was causing it, really thanks! (y)

We could never sell on Amazon.

TOO expensive and real excrementshow. Those articles above nail it.

That said, I'm sure the .gov will make it.....................worse.

I realize I'm quoting from weeks ago and I said this in another thread, but: Amazon has been sending me oil filters in the plastic envelopes via UPS.

We all know oil filter boxes are very thin, so by the time they get to me the filter has torn through or worn through the box, and on two occasions the top (dome) was dented.

These are not padded envelopes and they're not Tyvek -- they're almost more like a thick trash bag but white.

Point being, UPS ain't the problem here but they're no better.

Both times Amazon wants the old filter back. I understand the potential for customer abuse but what good is a dented filter to them? And for a woke company, they're sure burning fossil fuels just to ship defective merchandise around the country.
Quoting myself re: the plastic envelopes and filters. This showed up the very evening I typed the above.

Boxes took a beating but at least the filters aren't dented
20230928_102806.jpg
20230928_102825.jpg

Fake items would be my main concern buying auto parts on Amazon. They aggregate the inventories together when different sellers sell the same things, so you can buy from a legit seller and get the fake item from a scammer, or the other way around if you are lucky. So basically anything that has fake stuff out there I would prefer not to buy from Amazon, but rather the online site of a real company (Best Buy, Rock Auto, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc).

Problem about packaging? Just claim damage and ask them to ship it out again. Amazon's customer service are usually pretty good if you chat with a live agent, and if the seller sent me a different item and refuse full refund or free return shipping, I pretty much always get Amazon's CS to reimburse me back. Amazon do usually ship out the replacement pretty fast if it is damaged in transit to me.

Buy a gasket from JB Tools direct and this is how it's packaged, fulfilled through Amazon and it is a bubble mailer.View attachment 179057View attachment 179059View attachment 179060
Have you installed it yet? Wondering how you like the LubeLocker.

Also, don't forget limited slip additive. It definitely has one. The truck had the window sticker in the glove box folded up but the detailer that I had detail the truck threw it away, I was irritated when I noticed it was gone.

I have bought 10's of thousands from Amazon and everything returned mas my fault. So many people hate them for some reason unknown and unexperienced by me. :(

This should go without saying, but blame the deliverer rather than Amazon as a whole.

Some drivers have common sense and others don’t.

Have you installed it yet? Wondering how you like the LubeLocker.

Also, don't forget limited slip additive. It definitely has one. The truck had the window sticker in the glove box folded up but the detailer that I had detail the truck threw it away, I was irritated when I noticed it was gone.
No fuss no muss Nick, sealed the first shot with no sealant. Will use one for the tranny pan as well. Lube Locker claims they can be reused.

This should go without saying, but blame the deliverer rather than Amazon as a whole.

Some drivers have common sense and others don’t.
I still think it is the seller's fault. Envelope should not be used on items that can be damaged if "bent". If the manufacturer said it is ok then it might be fine but if they aren't they probably should use a rigid box to begin with.

I'd take a photo and ask the manufacturer to see if it is ok or not, either way would sleep better.

I still think it is the seller's fault. Envelope should not be used on items that can be damaged if "bent". If the manufacturer said it is ok then it might be fine but if they aren't they probably should use a rigid box to begin with.

I'd take a photo and ask the manufacturer to see if it is ok or not, either way would sleep better.
If one feels resistance while bending the envelope, they probably shouldn’t bend it.

Back