Amazon, again.

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
My Lube Locker differential gasket delivered in my mailbox. Trans pan LL arrived at my door today in flat serviceable condition. It could work but they delivered one correctly, I'll give them a chance to send another.
PXL_20230904_235143156.jpg

I had a similar issue and left a comment on the poor shipping method and inadequate packaging…..received a response:

“comments on shipping are not allowed, your response will not be posted“,
Had the same issue after they sent me a replacement fender 6 times that was bent from poor packaging.

its not just you:
I ordered a 15pk of monster sugar free mango flavor.
it came in its box in a bag like that (only bigger)
box was in pieces inside bag. 1 can burst all were dented up

and not just amazon:
My coffee pkg(50lb) last year looked like someone rolled it from the fed-ex truck to my door.

its not just you:
I ordered a 15pk of monster sugar free mango flavor.
it came in its box in a bag like that (only bigger)
box was in pieces inside bag. 1 can burst all were dented up

and not just amazon:
My coffee pkg(50lb) last year looked like someone rolled it from the fed-ex truck to my door.
You must love caffeine!

The whole box / packing dilemma is not limited to Amazon. Walmart and Rockauto do the same things. Like when I routinely get a gallon of oil in a 15 cubic foot box (slightly exaggerating) with no stuffing from Walmart, or Rockauto packages a pleated paper air filter in the same box as 4 brake rotors with a half dozen strips of bagged air (now loose plastic) at the bottom.

Some actuary that sits in a cubicle has figured out that it's less expensive overall to let a computer decide how to package things (in the case of Walmart / Amazon) rather than pay low wage employees to screw it up, and that it costs WAY more for intelligent humans to do the packaging (f you can find them)-- so just deal with the returns. That's my take on it.

I think it could be any carrier that doesn’t handle things properly. I was curious how a 17 lb propane tank was gonna arrive. Ordered on Walmart dot com for $39 last week. The mfg boxed it with minimal bubble wrap so I guess FedEx had little chance to damage it. Same vendor same carrier banged up a Draw Tite hitch.

As mentioned Amazon does make it easy to follow-up. The oddity is when something doesn’t arrive…

I had ordered some stainless cookie cutters, essentially sheet metal in a ring. They came in a bubble mailer, which was completely flattened.

Thing was like $8 and I returned it, Amazon probably spent > $20 moving garbage around...

I had a similar issue and left a comment on the poor shipping method and inadequate packaging…..received a response:

“comments on shipping are not allowed, your response will not be posted“,
Me too- although my comment was shyte for packaging contents had broken open and spilled in the bubble envelope- not a shipping issue....poor vender prep. Sent me a replacement tho.

Got a seemingly good deal on Dewalt batteries. $120 for 2 20v 5Ah XRs.

After I ordered them, price went up to $239 with a $20 coupon ($219).

Then this happened…😂

(If it’s lost, is there an option to get the goods at the price of the lost order…)

IMG_0535.jpeg

Back