Amazon, again.

Got a seemingly good deal on Dewalt batteries. $120 for 2 20v 5Ah XRs.

After I ordered them, price went up to $239 with a $20 coupon ($219).

Then this happenedā€¦šŸ˜‚

(If itā€™s lost, is there an option to get the goods at the price of the lost orderā€¦)

View attachment 177884
it's funny how Amazon does that on the lowest price deals you get.. Do not cancel.. If they don't get it to you, talk to customer service they will honor the earlier price on a 2nd order.. it's.. just a move by them to get you frustrated and pay the higher price. I already went through this, the package showed up a day late.. everything was fine..

it's funny how Amazon does that on the lowest price deals you get.. Do not cancel.. If they don't get it to you, talk to customer service they will honor the earlier price on a 2nd order.. it's.. just a move by them to get you frustrated and pay the higher price. I already went through this, the package showed up a day late.. everything was fine..
To their credit, the package came overnight (was on the steps < 6 AM EDT).

Luckily it was likely after the thundershowers as the package was dry. It would not have held up to rain and it had a huge gap (the minimalist packaging where itā€™s like a film stuck around the mfg package).

I still remember the old days (2008 or so) when tires were ordered online, UPS placed them in giant plastic bags if raining. Funny how times have changed. Had a lcd monitor left in the pouring rain, which imho defies logicā€¦.

They should use UPS for such items.
yeah so they can deny the damage claim for something with truck tire tracks over it and take the extra money for overnight delivery and tell you "the guarantee is suspended" when they cant manage to get it to you in 4 days...?

My thoughts exactly. Open package, inspect product and a) keep or b) send back if unsatisfactory. Amazon makes it quite easy to do both.
Not so much anymore, just last week I had an order delivered and the tool was defective so I had to return it. They no longer offer a UPS label just a UPS store label for $1, a free drop off at staples or a $7.99 UPS pick up label.
The closest UPS store is 25 miles away and Staples is about 6 miles one way, UPS comes here almost every day delivering and picking up packages. This was a defective/broken item not shipping damage.
I will not be renewing prime business in Jan in fact I may cancel it sooner.

Not so much anymore, just last week I had an order delivered and the tool was defective so I had to return it. They no longer offer a UPS label just a UPS store label for $1, a free drop off at staples or a $7.99 UPS pick up label.
The closest UPS store is 25 miles away and Staples is about 6 miles one way, UPS comes here almost every day delivering and picking up packages. This was a defective/broken item not shipping damage.
They definitely have changed with little or no announcement

I think what it is, is the "free returns." It's free when defective or inaccurate description, where they will generate a UPS label.

Then, for any other reason, free dropoff.

I guess because we live in Phila metro, it's all the same to us....2 UPS stores < 1.5 miles, 1 UPS store < 3 miles, and Kohl's < 2 miles.....I was at first hesitant to use Kohl's, but then I learned it's no different than using a UPS label and perhaps easier in that we don't need to print anything out....it's always been about tracking for me....

yeah so they can deny the damage claim for something with truck tire tracks over it and take the extra money for overnight delivery and tell you "the guarantee is suspended" when they cant manage to get it to you in 4 days...?
It's befuddling when we're told to look around and see if the neighbors have it. These days, that's reckless advice. Maybe in VT in the 1990s, absolutely.

I think what it is, is the "free returns." It's free when defective or inaccurate description, where they will generate a UPS label.

Then, for any other reason, free dropoff.

I guess because we live in Phila metro, it's all the same to us....2 UPS stores < 1.5 miles, 1 UPS store < 3 miles, and Kohl's < 2 miles.....I was at first hesitant to use Kohl's, but then I learned it's no different than using a UPS label and perhaps easier in that we don't need to print anything out....it's always been about tracking for me....
This was defective. The problem is with a UPS label I just leave it out for UPS, I don't have to leave to drop something off. What they have done now is force me to take an hour out of my day to return defective merchandise or pay them to return it.
I have had prime since 08 but enough is enough.

To their credit, the package came overnight (was on the steps < 6 AM EDT).

Luckily it was likely after the thundershowers as the package was dry. It would not have held up to rain and it had a huge gap (the minimalist packaging where itā€™s like a film stuck around the mfg package).

I still remember the old days (2008 or so) when tires were ordered online, UPS placed them in giant plastic bags if raining. Funny how times have changed. Had a lcd monitor left in the pouring rain, which imho defies logicā€¦.
glad you got it! yep just like what happened to me, a day late.. I've see that sticky flap not stuck on the bag entirely, getting lazy! But the good news is.. you got a heck of a good deal on those batteries! awesome!

and ya I've returned to stuff to Kohls.. @Trav is right, it can be a problem.. Lucky for me Kohls is right around the corner! Only problem I've had was when Kohls has a huge amount of returns, it's a little slow getting a refund (maybe 2 days later). Around here dropping off at the UPS store is now $1 in the returns option list.. naw.. I'll take the free Kohls drop off..

I've completely switched to Walmart. They have lower prices and much better return policy (always free no hassle returns).

I've completely switched to Walmart. They have lower prices and much better return policy (always free no hassle returns).
They do have many deals. Got a 20 lb propane tank recently 3rd party seller (mfg?) for $39. Same seller on Amazon was $49. Free shipping, ordered on a Sat morning came Sunday. Walmart should absolutely be x-shopped

They do have many deals. Got a 20 lb propane tank recently 3rd party seller (mfg?) for $39. Same seller on Amazon was $49. Free shipping, ordered on a Sat morning came Sunday. Walmart should absolutely be x-shopped
I live in a rural area, Amazon used to be 2 day prime shipping. Now it's 7 day prime shipping. They are using UPS ground now instead of UPS 2 day air and raised the prime annual fee at the same time.

But with Walmart, I get very fast deliveries - 2 to 3 days with the basic free Walmart, not the Walmart+

Buy a gasket from JB Tools direct and this is how it's packaged, fulfilled through Amazon and it is a bubble mailer. PXL_20230917_184410077.jpgPXL_20230917_184509768.jpgPXL_20230917_184523943.jpg

My Lube Locker differential gasket delivered in my mailbox. Trans pan LL arrived at my door today in flat serviceable condition. It could work but they delivered one correctly, I'll give them a chance to send another.View attachment 176939
I hear you. Those diff cover gaskets are engineered with lines of silicon to ensure sealing. If those lines get bent and compromised that gasket is junk. The same happened to me with a Delco diff gasket from Amazon. It was in a yellow envelope like letters are sent. Frustrating.

Here's something else. Ordered a lower radiator hose and wanted to get two. But said only one in stock so I ordered it. Go back the next day and same thing, only one in stock. They have it discounted priced at around 22% off and don't want you buying more than one at a time.

I live in a rural area, Amazon used to be 2 day prime shipping. Now it's 7 day prime shipping. They are using UPS ground now instead of UPS 2 day air and raised the prime annual fee at the same time.

But with Walmart, I get very fast deliveries - 2 to 3 days with the basic free Walmart, not the Walmart+
Never had a problem with Walmart, same thing, basic. Both the Draw Tite hitch and Allen bike rack, were significantly cheaper than amazon. OH, also got a OE GM roof rack from a MASS dealership (Quirk) through Walmart.com, cheaper than eBay or the dealer's website. And lastly that 20 lb. propane tank for $39 last month, also Walmart.com. Ordered on a Sat. and it came Sunday.

It pays to shop around. I buy lot's of items from Amazon and usually have good luck. I won't buy oil any longer from Amazon because last time the box had an oil mess and a pin hole in the jug. I kept it but it made a mess. Looking back I should have returned it. FedEx delivered a brand new set of wheels and tires to the wrong party about a block away. I had to go find them myself.

It pays to shop around. I buy lot's of items from Amazon and usually have good luck. I won't buy oil any longer from Amazon because last time the box had an oil mess and a pin hole in the jug. I kept it but it made a mess. Looking back I should have returned it. FedEx delivered a brand new set of wheels and tires to the wrong party about a block away. I had to go find them myself.
During the pandemic (2020) I was missing a spool of copper wire, and got prenatal vitamins instead. As I recall, this was actually USPS.

Someone was knocking on my door holding an amazon bag--at first I didn't want to answer because of COVID. But realized it must be a neighbor with the wire. I answered and said do you still want the vitamins, I opened the bag. He said sure, you didn't open the vitamins and my wife is waiting for them. So we exchanged the packages.

Back