All In One Vegetable Spice

Does anyone use an "All In One" vegetable spice " for like green beans or asparagus etc . I bought some a while back that came in packets but from what I remember ...... it was expensive . I'm looking for something in a jar .

I use the Trader Joe's "everyday seasoning".

61JKkqB1KZL._SX679_.jpg
evrdy.jpg

Be careful with plastic grinders, you're breaking off bits of plastic and putting it into your food which isn't good, same for plastic cutting boards, the list goes on.

View attachment 214061
I just got home from Longhorn Steak House where we redeemed a gift certificate from Christmas for a decent NY Strip, nice salad and a surprisingly good baked potato. The table had plastic salt and pepper grinders and I used the pepper grinder on my salad and potato. :eek: Hopefully, like your McCormick grinder, it’s also NON GMO…..

Except for Herb de Provance and one Japanese spice mix, Shichimi Togarashi, I do not use spice mixes but rather use what I like in the quantity I like. I have a rather extensive rack. Oh, stop snickering, fools! I even have oregano from my friend's backyard as a culinary last resort.

EDIT: I use a homemade spice mix for pickling and another one for marinades
ANOTHER EDIT: I make a gingerbread spice mix

Last edited:
Except for Herb de Provance and one Japanese spice mix, Shichimi Togarashi, I do not use spice mixes but rather use what I like in the quantity I like. I have a rather extensive rack. Oh, stop snickering, fools! I even have oregano from my friend's backyard as a culinary last resort.

EDIT: I use a homemade spice mix for pickling and another one for marinades
ANOTHER EDIT: I make a gingerbread spice mix

I see we have a Chef Boyardee among us 💅🏻.

Salt nothing fancy I like the natural flavor of vegetables salt just gives it more taste plus added health benefits

If my son doesn't have it, you don't need it. About the only thing we don't have is cilantro. A rainbow of different peppercorns, and heat of all sorts. I try to avoid salt, but I need some in my oatmeal and peanut butter. Asian sauces and spices too many to list. :cool:

A spice mix that makes me almost recoil is Chinese five spice. It must be mostly the anise which I can't stand. I don't like that spice in Mexican food or in baked goods either. And there are some Thai and Vietnamese sauces that have a fishy and cheesy flavor that makes me gag. Could be just fermented fish brains or something. Just thinking about it makes me feel queasy.

Back