Air Filter and Cars That Run Rich

Most, if not all air filters are designed to significantly pass much more air than any engine's CFM capability.

And then consider the power competition engines can make with restrictor plates installed. If your engine isn't making that power, it must be more bottlenecked somewhere. And it won't be the filter...
EXACTLY... The plates limit or reduce the total intake CFM at WOT and thus placing a power ceiling/restriction on the engine power produced.

definitely makes an OBD2 car run richer...because adding 100-200 cfm intake air volume to the engine, it far beyond what the ecm was programmed to handle, with idle setting throttle body opening. where the lambda duty cycle on my Mercedes V12 M120 was 50-60 before, it jumped to the 60-75 range. Much richer. so much so, it would burn your eyes out sitting there idling. and the link shows it's happening often.
the factory ecm must be REPROGRAMMED to input the new airflow being passed by the KN filters, as normal.
otherwise, it sees it as a vacuum leak of sorts

here's the link, click on it, scroll down, there's many, many reports of this happening

K&n filter make engine run rich - Google Search
Google search..... really :rolleyes: so nothing of experience to post only what you find other posted and not verified? So your life is finding the answer you want to read on Google search? lol. None of those are proven accurate or empirical testing. And as I said its the end-user NOT following the installation r service instructions. LOL
Face it you just dont like K&N and I doubt have ever used one?

And please read again I have several vehicles right now that have them and NOT had any problems. Have used them on also most every vehicle I have owed since at least the 80's which is dozens sold them to customers and explaining to read the direct and not had one return a K&N because of the problem, I also do ECU Performance Calibrating with several customers all over the world and I believe all of them use K&N and as I read their DATA logging have NEVER seen the problem you found on "GOOGLE! lol

Hey look what I found just for you on GOOGLE http://ww25.flatearthofficial.com/?subid1=20210831-0040-0104-8763-43e563686bc6

:ROFLMAO:

Honestly I understand when a member of a forum just post they TRIED a product and didn't like it but really if you are going to dis a product you darn well have at least tried it and explained what happened and why you didn't like it instead of running to what other posted that no one can do a Q&A with them.

Back