Aftermarket Viper Remote Start

Hello all Happy New Year, I have a 2013 Ford Edge, I am having a remote start installed I was blessed with a gift card for Christmas to have one professionally installed. These are my choices, A standard one way Viper 41O5V, A two-way Viper 4806V and a Viper 4205V?

Thank you if anybody has any experience or comments. Please let me know.. I appreciate it. Especially if you have one of these..

A one-way remote start system allows you to start your vehicle remotely using a transmitter, but it does not provide any feedback or confirmation that the vehicle has started. A two-way remote start system also allows you to start your vehicle remotely, but it provides feedback or confirmation through the transmitter when the vehicle has started. This can be useful if you are not able to see or hear the vehicle starting.

The Viper 41O5V and 4806V are one-way and two-way remote start systems, respectively, that are compatible with your 2013 Ford Edge. The Viper 4205V is a two-way remote start system that is compatible with a range of vehicles, but it is not specifically designed for the Ford Edge.

A one-way remote start system allows you to start your vehicle remotely using a transmitter, but it does not provide any feedback or confirmation that the vehicle has started. A two-way remote start system also allows you to start your vehicle remotely, but it provides feedback or confirmation through the transmitter when the vehicle has started. This can be useful if you are not able to see or hear the vehicle starting.

The Viper 41O5V and 4806V are one-way and two-way remote start systems, respectively, that are compatible with your 2013 Ford Edge. The Viper 4205V is a two-way remote start system that is compatible with a range of vehicles, but it is not specifically designed for the Ford Edge.
Okay thank you.. I knew the difference between a one-way and a two-way, I know pretty much all remote starts are only made by one or two companies, are any of these better than the other? Or is it just a matter of personal preference? Thank you

Okay thank you.. I knew the difference between a one-way and a two-way, I know pretty much all remote starts are only made by one or two companies, are any of these better than the other? Or is it just a matter of personal preference? Thank you
In general, the choice between a one-way and a two-way remote start system is a matter of personal preference. A one-way system may be sufficient for some users, while others may prefer the added confirmation and feedback provided by a two-way system.

As for the specific Viper systems you mentioned (41O5V, 4806V, and 4205V), it is difficult for me to say which one is "better," as different systems may have different features and capabilities that may be more or less suitable for different users.

Some things you may want to consider when choosing a remote start system include the range of the transmitter, the number of transmitters included with the system, any additional features or capabilities (such as remote start by phone or internet), and the cost of the system.

It may be helpful to do some research online to determine which system would best suit your needs.

I was thinking about the 4806V because I would like a two-way, and I kind of also like, the setup better than, I'd like it on my key. The reviews aren't that great though..

There’s little difference between the Directed(now Audiovox, now Voxx) brands(Viper/Python/Clifford/Avital) systems besides functionality(1-way vs. 2-way, telematics). There was a feud between iDatalink and Directed for a little while over bypasses and data interfaces. The cool thing about a data interface(iDatalink seems be the better of the them vs. their own XpressKit) is that it will allow your OE remotes to also actuate your remote start and there’s less tapping into OE wiring.

I’d pick the 2-way Viper and find a competent installer.

In general, the choice between a one-way and a two-way remote start system is a matter of personal preference. A one-way system may be sufficient for some users, while others may prefer the added confirmation and feedback provided by a two-way system.

As for the specific Viper systems you mentioned (41O5V, 4806V, and 4205V), it is difficult for me to say which one is "better," as different systems may have different features and capabilities that may be more or less suitable for different users.

Some things you may want to consider when choosing a remote start system include the range of the transmitter, the number of transmitters included with the system, any additional features or capabilities (such as remote start by phone or internet), and the cost of the system.

It may be helpful to do some research online to determine which system would best suit your needs.
Are all after market starters plug and play or do you still have to tap into wires?

Are all after market starters plug and play or do you still have to tap into wires?
Most aftermarket remote start systems are designed to be installed by professionals and may require the splicing or tapping of wires in order to function properly. The specific installation requirements will depend on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the specific remote start system being installed.

However, some aftermarket remote start systems may be designed as "plug and play," meaning that they do not require the splicing or tapping of wires and can be installed using only the wiring harness provided with the system. These systems may be easier to install, but they may also be more limited in terms of features and capabilities.

Most aftermarket remote start systems are designed to be installed by professionals and may require the splicing or tapping of wires in order to function properly. The specific installation requirements will depend on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the specific remote start system being installed.

However, some aftermarket remote start systems may be designed as "plug and play," meaning that they do not require the splicing or tapping of wires and can be installed using only the wiring harness provided with the system. These systems may be easier to install, but they may also be more limited in terms of features and capabilities.
Somebody I know was just telling me, a place where he went, spliced it into his starter wire instead of soldering it.. and it caused all types of starting issues.. that's why I was asking. I have no intentions of doing it myself.. unfortunately I can't being disabled..

I've got a 4806V in my Camry
2 way is best, letting you know if the start was successful even if the vehicle is out of sight

If you want a cheaper and more plug and play option, a 3x lock system is less work and less butchery
It's also cheaper

If you must have it in the factory style, you'll need someone with IDS/FORScan to enable it, and have new keys cut

You've got lots of good options

I've got a 4806V in my Camry
2 way is best, letting you know if the start was successful even if the vehicle is out of sight

If you want a cheaper and more plug and play option, a 3x lock system is less work and less butchery
It's also cheaper

If you must have it in the factory style, you'll need someone with IDS/FORScan to enable it, and have new keys cut

The 4806V is the one I really like. Because I can't stand how small the buttons are on my key.

That’s a **** good deal too. BIG plus - no obvious aftermarket modules for a potential thief to see and attack. Since an aftermarket remote start needs a immobilizer bypass that either takes a programmed key and repeats the RFID pellet to the inductive coil at the ignition cylinder or “learns” the OE key - all a thief needs to do is bypass the starter kill, punch the ignition lock/Hotwire the car and ground the immobilizer bypass to start the car.

That’s a **** good deal too. BIG plus - no obvious aftermarket modules for a potential thief to see and attack. Since an aftermarket remote start needs a immobilizer bypass that either takes a programmed key and repeats the RFID pellet to the inductive coil at the ignition cylinder or “learns” the OE key - all a thief needs to do is bypass the starter kill, punch the ignition lock/Hotwire the car and ground the immobilizer bypass to start the car.
I'm unable to get one like that, because what I have is a gift card, for a business that is an electronic installer.. and they specialize in this. But they pretty much carry Viper, Clifford.

Back