Aftermarket Oil Filters meeting SAE/USCAR-36

22 Ram owners manual states the following:

1646861267278.jpg

"If a Mopar® Engine Oil Filter is unavailable only use filters that meet or exceed SAE/USCAR-36 Filter Performance Requirements."

Which aftermarket oil filters meet this requirement?

ZeeOSix more familiar with it than me. As noted, it's the same standard Motorcraft OF said to meet. From what 'I' gather, at least as far as efficiency, it's not an especially high standard, 95%>30um. Based on the FL820S post use anecdotes posted here, build quality not tough to meet either. ;)

I can't find any list of specs in any Google searches so far ... would have to buy the SAE spec to see all the details.

Here's a preview of the table of contents at least. Covers quite a bit of testing.

I can't find any list of specs in any Google searches so far ... would have to buy the SAE spec to see all the details.

Here's a preview of the table of contents at least. Covers quite a bit of testing.
Same here. It’s probably a minimum specification for spin on filters that are rated for 10,000 miles and of original equipment equivalent construction.

I see that the Mopar spec references the standard from 2013. The spec was updated just last year. I'd be curious what the update brought forth?

You can click on the "preview" and see all the topics covered by the spec; very detailed. That doesn't mean the level to pass is super stringent, just that it's thorough in the approach.

I'm not willing to spend $88 just to find out.

Back