Add on inline / remote ATF Filter options ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am look at adding an ATF inline filter ( Magnefine , Wix ) or remote filter base type ( LF1A ?) in the cooler line on my 2000 Honda V6 4 spd auto ( transmission has an inaccessible internal filter) . I actually would prefer the remote spin-on type but don't know what filter to use (micron type and bypass ratings )on the 3/4 X16 filter mount I already have in storage. I would like for it to be smaller than the FL1A too . Any ideas ? -
Thanks

Last edited:
If you already have a remote mount that has 3/4-16 threads, there are no shortage of filters for you to select from based on the availability of room to contain them. I wouldn't worry about bypass spec's in terms of most normal filters. The line itself has more pressure elevation/drop across it. You can run a bypass filter across the cooler lines and there's enough differential to drive them. This is the most popular spin-on filter in the world. Many options.

Magnefine's are great for those who want additional filtration but have no room to mount a bigger filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back