Smaller filter option for a 910s?

A buddy of mine has a big turbo Fiesta ST with a giant radiator and charge pipe system and the Ford 910 size is a huge pain to change. If youve ever changed oil on a 1.6 ecoboost you know what I'm talking about. Is their a smaller option? He needs maybe 1/4" more clearance. The next step is a remote filter but thats a huge pain on these cars.

A buddy of mine has a big turbo Fiesta ST with a giant radiator and charge pipe system and the Ford 910 size is a huge pain to change. If youve ever changed oil on a 1.6 ecoboost you know what I'm talking about. Is their a smaller option? He needs maybe 1/4" more clearance. The next step is a remote filter but thats a huge pain on these cars.

The Champ XL filter for this application is slightly shorter, roughly 1/4”. Part number is PH2835XL. Check rockauto. I don’t know why it’s shorter, as every other 910s/3614 clone is the same length.

The factory filter on the Escape was a good bit shorter than a 910S, it appears to be a Mann

Possibly -

Oil Filter - W 7057 MANN-FILTER - 2207993, H6BG-6714-BA, 14466​

There are filters for lawn and garden equipment (riding mowers) with Briggs and Stratton engines that use the same 3/4x16 thread and are shorter...

Back