Absolute deliciousness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: car51
I enjoyed some of this last night as co worker I did oil change(10’ accord) his wife made this. Had a nice RED CHIMAY with it and he gave me a 64 oz of CHIMAY GOLD LABEL for
Future. Maybe Christmas time ill try this one
smile.gif

There is ONE thing I miss about my college years (mid 1980s). Chimay red was $2.25 per 750 ml bottle.

I can get a 64 oz bottle of any CHIMAY at total wine and more in NC for like $12~

64 oz? Are you sure about that? The standard Chimay bottle is 750 ml, which is about 25 oz. I'm just not aware of a two quart Chimay bottle.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I use this recipe but I don't use Sea Salt, I use Himalayan pink salt, I also add the Caraway seeds. Sooooo Goood!

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2015/02/how-to-make-sauerkraut.html

I followed this procedure and now have my cabbage fermenting in a jar on the counter. (hopefully fermenting) Since pink sea salt is what I use at home that's what I used. I hope it works this time. It looks beautiful. I did see some starter cultures sold online but they were surprisingly expensive.

I use this recipe but I don't use Sea Salt, I use Himalayan pink salt, I also add the Caraway seeds. Sooooo Goood!

I followed this procedure and now have my cabbage fermenting in a jar on the counter. (hopefully fermenting) Since pink sea salt is what I use at home that's what I used. I hope it works this time. It looks beautiful. I did see some starter cultures sold online but they were surprisingly expensive.

It's working this time! After a couple of days I've seen some bubbles, it smells like sk and a bit of "scum" is forming on the surface of the brine. This is pretty cool - to me, at least.

It's working this time! After a couple of days I've seen some bubbles, it smells like sk and a bit of "scum" is forming on the surface of the brine. This is pretty cool - to me, at least.

Cool.
thumbsup2.gif

When I used regular sea salt I couldn't get it to work and so I started using the Pink Salt and then it worked so I stuck with it.

Cool.
thumbsup2.gif

When I used regular sea salt I couldn't get it to work and so I started using the Pink Salt and then it worked so I stuck with it.

Pink sea salt is all I've used in my house for the past several years so it wasn't the salt type holding me back. It was too much salt. I think the last time I tried it I used 3 TBSP instead of one. Winco Foods in my area sells the pink sea salt out of the bulk bin for less than $1.20 per pound. That is a DEAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back