AAP/AZ rotors and pads

Can you guys share your experience with rotor/pads sold at either store? Specifically for SUV application (Honda Pilot and such). It looks like cost wise ordering from RockAuto is no longer beneficial, and I was thinking of buying these items from my local store. Thanks y’all

I've had much better luck with the AutoZone Duralast Gold/Duralast Max brake pads on our old 1999 Silverado and 2004 TrailBlazer than I did with Wagner ThermoQuiet pads. The ThermoQuiet pads wore out prematurely (under 30,000 miles) on both vehicles.

I can't say anything about rotors as I have not replaced any in many many years.

Can you guys share your experience with rotor/pads sold at either store? Specifically for SUV application (Honda Pilot and such). It looks like cost wise ordering from RockAuto is no longer beneficial, and I was thinking of buying these items from my local store. Thanks y’all
I just posted this a few days ago--

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION​

Specifically designed for the toughest braking applications, Duralast Gold Brake Rotors are the best choice to ensure noise free braking The unique, high carbon steel formulation dampens noise and dissipates heat while enhancing performance. All Duralast Gold Brake Rotors are also fully-coated for superior rust protection and backed by a 3-year, full replacement warranty. For the best performance, pair with Duralast Gold Brake Rotors
==Built from advanced materials and specially engineered to reduce noise
==Higher carbon steel delivers maximum heat dissipation and improves performance

Not a huge fan of auto zone ,but those Gold Rotors were Quality!

I bought the cheap Duralast pads for my Mazda at AAP and the guy said they have a lifetime warranty. I plan to find out if they actually honor it when I wear them out.

I bought the cheap Duralast pads for my Mazda at AAP Autozone and the guy said they have a lifetime warranty. I plan to find out if they actually honor it when I wear them out.
Autozone seems to honor this. I know a guy that didn't pay for new pads for years for his truck, though he was replacing them every 1-2 years. That's the downside of those lifetime warranty pads - they wear out quickly. Autozone knows that 95% of their customers will just pay for replacements vs keeping the receipt for the warranty.

200$ for a set of centric rotors and Wagner pads on RA, same as 200$ for the set of car quest/duralast rotors/pads🤷‍♂️
I show $173.82 shipped for a set of Dynamic Friction 651259442.

AAP is $216.34 for two Carquest Platinum rotors and a set of Carquest Platinum Front Pads....after their 15% discount.

Back