A beautiful day to wash the car

60 and sunny this morning! We plan to put up our Christmas decorations tomorrow which is an all day affair, so I wanted to get the car washing duties completed today. There couldn't have been a better day for it!
IMG_3226.jpeg
IMG_3224.jpeg
IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg

It does clean up well. I don't think I've ever noticed a car with the rear door opening go through the wheel arch like that before? VW showing off their sheet metal accuracy?

Is it me, or is the rear bumper color a different shade?
It's the way the light hits it as the panel lays a slightly different way than the adjacent body panel. They all look that way.

Yes, been wanting to have that done since purchase. It's going to cost around $350-$400 and with the holidays upon us, now is not a good time. Hopefully soon though!
Careful
My car came with dark tint
(Probably illegal) 35?
I couldn’t see curbs or medians around the corners on my left when taking a left
I’d have to put the window down
I pulled it off the front

Late October thru early December is one of my favorite times of the year here in North Texas. Its about 66 right now, fall is in the air but everything is still green. 100 degree days are gone and I can drive my car with the windows and sun roof open. I can also wash and detail my car at a nice slow pace without worring about cleaners evaporating. Wish it was like this year round.

Yes, been wanting to have that done since purchase. It's going to cost around $350-$400 and with the holidays upon us, now is not a good time. Hopefully soon though!
This is my tint after pulling off the front
Washed at the drive through car wash today

C4624AAF-ECE6-4221-B75A-DC136C37E03F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a couple cars that need washing but since it has cooled down so much here it's likely it will be spring before I get to hand wash either of them again. None of the car washes around here do a good job so unless I take them there after an ice/snow to spray off salt I usually don't waste my money using them. We got up to 57* for a short while this afternoon before rain moved in with a cold front behind it. It's already down to 48* and raining with a forcast low tonight of 29*. At least I was able to go to mom's and mow her yard and mulch up leaves today. Should be the last time this year unless we get another pretty day and I decide to run over it mulch the leaves again.

Back