98 Expedition AC Parts - Hard To Find OE And Conflicting Part Numbers

My 98 Expedition needs some AC work.
Definitely front suction and discharge hose assembly.
Maybe a compressor? Seals are leaking for sure, but if this was under 250.00 I would probably replace. I made a separate post about this...not too many responses though.
I imagine accumulator should be changed.
Maybe orfice tube and expansion valve while I am at it.

Problems:
The parts numbers I got from the dealer with my VIN do not match parts on RA site or parts I put in using my vin on Motorcraft parts site.
Ebay has OE hoses, but using dealer part number it says for vehicles with no rear AC. I am pretty sure mine has rear AC, at least there are controls for it and there are lines going to the back.
OE compressors are not available, at least that I can find.
I can't find a motorcraft accumulator.

I see lots of aftermarket options and kits on RA, but they are cheap and I wonder about the quality.

Looking for some advice on reliable alternatives to OEM and OEM part numbers. (Maybe the dealer messed up?)

I've installed dozens of aftermarket compressors and rarely had a problem. Same with accumulators and expansion valves.

The motor craft compressor is exactly the same as the no name Chinese one you can buy . So yes The motor craft one is also made in China.

No need to spend extra for motorcraft.

Gpd,Visteon are 2 that were common where I worked.

Not sure about your hoses. Are there any "T"s on them for the rear ac lines to connect to?

I agree with Chris142. Its an older vehicle and anything you get will last you a good while. I would not worry about matching part numbers as they change frequently so that might be why you can't get a match. Another option for the hoses is to take the originals to any hydraulic hose shop and they will replace all the rubber hoses on your metal lines --- for a lot less then new. I had a GMC Acadia rear ac line that was a $223 part. I got it repaired and it cost me $18.

Another option for the hoses is to take the originals to any hydraulic hose shop and they will replace all the rubber hoses on your metal lines --- for a lot less then new. I had a GMC Acadia rear ac line that was a $223 part. I got it repaired and it cost me $18.
I actually have a side business doing that to ac hoses as well as building custom hoses for engine swaps and what not . But I think shipping would kill the bargain price.

The only hydraulic shop in my area won't do ac hoses.

So something like this?
GPD Kit
I am mostly concerned with how the accumulator hose hooks up to the evaporator. I DO NOT want to have to take the dash out to deal with changing the evaporator so matching connections, fittings and seals will be important here. (been there done that -Twice, with my heater core, once with aftermarket core, then with OE core when the aftermarket leaked (pinhole in one of the tubes).
GPD Hoses
Would I be better to keep my OE condenser (250k miles) or match up the whole system with GPD while it is opened up?
GPD Condenser

I thought Denso was a good brand
Denso Compressor
They offer a condenser as well
Denso Condenser

Thoughts on Denso vs GPD?

Maybe Motorcraft service valves and orfice tube?

All in all, this seems like a relatively inexpensive project for materials to update my AC. Anything else I am missing?

Back