900 Miles in 1 year

Sounds like they are open to being taken advantage of but their choice. Nothing for my car but the Euro was a good hint. Thanks for cluing me in.
Spend some time googling/long threads here about it - very popular and they have made some changes over the years to reduce issues but overall, they make far more from this than they lose as counter-intuitive as that may seem.

For some people, like those in the UK, a UOA is more expensive than an Oil and Filter change.

Is there really any point doing a UOA when very few people will actually be able to use the information they get in a productive way.

Do UOA, Blackstone says change your Oil…..
I'm not suggesting doing a UOA - b/c there is no need to, 900 miles doesn't require an oil change b/c it exceeds 1 year. Apparently I'm "cheap" and "lazy" for thinking this.

I'm not suggesting doing a UOA - b/c there is no need to, 900 miles doesn't require an oil change b/c it exceeds 1 year. Apparently I'm "cheap" and "lazy" for thinking this.
In all actuality, I think that many have a lot of disposable income (seriously), so it's not important if anything is left on the table. But I'm with you. Right now, I'm paying 10.1 cents/kWh, and I just signed up for 5.9. It will take 3-5 days to switch, so I'm bummed about paying nearly double while the AC is running. Another person would say, it's only $5 or $10, who cares, you are cheap and lazy to even think about it. :ROFLMAO:

In all actuality, I think that many have a lot of disposable income (seriously), so it's not important if anything is left on the table. But I'm with you. Right now, I'm paying 10.1 cents/kWh, and I just signed up for 5.9. It will take 3-5 days to switch, so I'm bummed about paying nearly double while the AC is running. Another person would say, it's only $5 or $10, who cares, you are cheap and lazy to even think about it. :ROFLMAO:
Oh I have no issue spending money on my cars and do! HPL changes at 5K are $100 each on the Sportwagen. But if my W8 sat all year with 900 miles on it, I'm not bothering with the oil change. That one may see 3K a year and at that mileage, yes, I change it on an annual/not mileage OCI.

Oh I have no issue spending money on my cars and do! HPL changes at 5K are $100 each on the Sportwagen. But if my W8 sat all year with 900 miles on it, I'm not bothering with the oil change. That one may see 3K a year and at that mileage, yes, I change it on an annual/not mileage OCI.
Again, I think there is theoretical, and applied. This is exactly how extended warranties and insurance work. People are willing to spend on the unknown, to avert risk, at a disproportionate premium. Look at the comments with tires, brake pads, on and on. It's ok to throw something out with 50%+ useful life left, because I can! Anyone else is lazy and cheap! :ROFLMAO:

In my opinion it does, purely based around the potential fuel dilution caused by short trims and potentially extended idling

I just did an oil and filter on a work Skoda Octavia diesel, it had done less than 1000 miles since February 2022.

It has done a fair bit of idling and not really been driven very far or very often and when it did it was under 10 miles trips is heavy traffic.

For the sake of £50/60 why would you not change it?

It’s false economy not to.

That’s your choice, if I went to look at a low mileage car and it had gone 2 or 3 years without an oil and filter change I would walk away

Leaks and other problems are often found when the car is in the air for the oil and filter change.

If your car was under Warranty and you didn’t do an Annual Okl change in most cases that would void the Warranty, at least in the UK it would

It’s also good to maintain them to a high standard and never have to replace them👍
A modern tractor that a company has purchased and is interested in selling after 60 mos on the road, changes the oil at about 60k. They don't say let's do it at 30, 20, 10, etc. It isn't even that it's 45 quarts, rather, they're running a business and it matters if they leave money on the table. Here, people have money, often more than they need. So, it's ok to replace tires at 6/32 which I recently saw.

A modern tractor that a company has purchased and is interested in selling after 60 mos on the road, changes the oil at about 60k. They don't say let's do it at 30, 20, 10, etc. It isn't even that it's 45 quarts, rather, they're running a business and it matters if they leave money on the table. Here, people have money, often more than they need. So, it's ok to replace tires at 6/32 which I recently saw.
What does a modern tractor unit have to do with a Toyota car?

That’s like comparing chalk and cheese

They are also selling it before there is a chance of their poor maintenance having effects

If you travel around the world you will see these Tractor units as they get older all over Africa, struggling to climb hills, parked by the side of the road broken down with the tramper trying to fix it.

All likely caused by minimal maintenance by a fleet manager who has no issue with saving some money without a care in the world for the global impact by their neglect.

The same fleet manager probably talks about how to do things to reduce the Companies Carbon Footprint

How about maintaining your expansive assets beyond the minimum to maintain the Warranty with the plan to dispose of it before the neglect becomes a problem….

In my opinion it does, purely based around the potential fuel dilution caused by short trims and potentially extended idling

I just did an oil and filter on a work Skoda Octavia diesel, it had done less than 1000 miles since February 2022.

It has done a fair bit of idling and not really been driven very far or very often and when it did it was under 10 miles trips is heavy traffic.

For the sake of £50/60 why would you not change it?

It’s false economy not to.
Why not at 800 miles? 500 miles? Where is the limit here? How much fuel will you have for 900 miles? Better to just take the thing for a more than 5 minute drive once in a while.

There is no false economy here. Do you replace tires at 7/32" vs. 4/32" b/c "it will handle rain just that much better" and then claim those going to 4/32" is a false economy?

Why not at 800 miles? 500 miles? Where is the limit here? How much fuel will you have for 900 miles? Better to just take the thing for a more than 5 minute drive once in a while.

There is no false economy here. Do you replace tires at 7/32" vs. 4/32" b/c "it will handle rain just that much better" and then claim those going to 4/32" is a false economy?
Or on the latest generation of tires, do you believe the mfg., "safe" when worn. If anybody would love you tossing the tires at 4/32", it's Michelin. Why are they saying you're good to the end? Because of the corporate image--being kind to the environment and customers, is > pure profit.....

Safe When Worn. Even when half-worn, it's still safe, thanks to EverGrip™ wet-braking technology. The MICHELIN® Premier® LTX® tire still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors' brand-new tires.

Bored now

I’d let it go two years and pull a UOA. That will tell you if moisture or fuel is an issue with your use profile. If so, a two year OCI is smart. If not, you could go longer, but I wouldn’t let it go excessively.

I would try to get it on the highway for a decent ride every so oftenn

Back