76 super motor oil- synthetic blend 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with experience or detailed knowledge on this oil? From my research it's made by ConocoPhillips. A local shop uses this for their conventional oil change and I'm thinking of taking my SUV there for its next oil change.

Only found one uoa with this oil and it was in a prius

All of todays oils from the major blenders are top quality . With the proper ratings oil is oil these days.

Originally Posted By: CT8
All of todays oils from the major blenders are top quality . With the proper ratings oil is oil these days.

Exactly

I've used 76 syn blend oils for years with excellent results. The oil comes from Conoco Phillips who is one of the larger refiners in the USA. They also make Kendall oils. so use it with confidence. I agree with CT8, oils from the majors refiners are top quality.

Yes, but much like SOPUS, there are different levels of Conoco's base oils. Production comes from different / multiple countries and the grades of the base oils are different..

There used to be Union 76 (also Trop Artic) which was apparently very close to MC Blend, but I want to say the TA is now Shield?

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah you are right. Sheild is really TA.

Is this 76 Super the new Union 76 oil?

If it is, it's also very identical to Motorcraft blend.

Use with no worries.

The stuff is a dead ringer for the now gone Trop Artic. Many fabulous UOA's posted on here with it. Fantastic oil usually at a smokin' price. I miss Trop Artic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back