6v batteries making an occassional air pocket noise?

My scissor lift has 4 6v batteries that I have disconnected at the moment. I bought a new charger for it that I haven't installed yet, so I unhooked them to still keep them charged. They're all sitting right at 6.25v give or take. Anyways, why do they occassionally make a gurgle type noise? I charged these a week ago, so they're aren't being charge right now.

At what amperage are they charging. It's normal if it isn't too much, just add water back in.

I should have clarified. How long after being disconnected do they continue to make sounds.
Like a week. Considering there are four batteries and I only hear a sound every few hours or so it's not that often. I've just never noticed any noise from a flooded lead acid battery that wasn't being charged. Considering how often I'm watching TV in my man cave with multiple vehicles, you would think I would have noticed this before.

Like a week. Considering there are four batteries and I only hear a sound every few hours or so it's not that often. I've just never noticed any noise from a flooded lead acid battery that wasn't being charged. Considering how often I'm watching TV in my man cave with multiple vehicles, you would think I would have noticed this before.
That's not normal. Check the resistance with your multimeter.

Back