57.000 miles Nissan Sentra, basic maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I don't see the logic in changing MTF that probably doesn't even have a maintenance interval and putting the wrong fluid in.

This post is the antithesis of bitog.

Get some redline in that gearbox! If you want to go back to oem fluid after whatever, MTF is easy to change.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
I don't see the logic in changing MTF that probably doesn't even have a maintenance interval and putting the wrong fluid in.

Get some redline in that gearbox! If you want to go back to oem fluid after whatever, MTF is easy to change.

Total waste of money going with Redline.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ducked
....., but you assume a first world/north american/"professional"solution is necessarily superior. I don't believe that's necessarily the case.

thumbsup2.gif

Not if you are hard on transmissions it is not. Plus, since it is a group 5...it cleans less sticking res ado later in the fills lifetime.

Loc: Upper midwest
Not if you are hard on transmissions it is not. Plus, since it is a group 5...it cleans less sticking res ado later in the fills lifetime.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: maxdustington

Total waste of money going with Redline.

Not if you are hard on transmissions it is not. Plus, since it is a group 5...it cleans, less sticking res ado later in the fills lifetime. Plus a difference of $60 ....big deal. Quality is what you want, not cheapness.

Last edited:
Amsoil has a GL-4 MT gear lube, but it is 75w90.
I suspect it would work fine, but you always roll the dice when you use a non approved viscosity.

It likely holds around 2 quarts, I would probably just seek out the correct fluid it I was going to bother and service it.

Originally Posted By: sirgerman
Originally Posted By: czbrian
Are spark plugs actually due by 57K? Did Nissan not use iridium plugs?

the previous owner never changed spark plugs

What relevance is that as to when the plugs are actually due?

Change based on mileage. Read your owners manual...
crazy.gif

You have to remove the intake manifold to get at the plugs on that; I'm sure they're are iridium, so changing them before 100K is a waste and won't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back