.450 Bushmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I don't know about knocking down trees with a 50 beo. The Brass Spitzer round makes a rather clean 1/2 inch hole in railroad ties. Just a little splintering on the exit. I suppose a 10 inch tree could be felled with 20 carefully placed rounds
smile.gif

I have some 6 to 8 inch oak logs. Maybe a bit of video is in order once the weather clears.

Actually, using it as a log splitter (end grain on) would make a good vid.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I don't know about knocking down trees with a 50 beo. The Brass Spitzer round makes a rather clean 1/2 inch hole in railroad ties. Just a little splintering on the exit. I suppose a 10 inch tree could be felled with 20 carefully placed rounds
smile.gif

I have some 6 to 8 inch oak logs. Maybe a bit of video is in order once the weather clears.

Back in the 80's Speer manufactured a Tungsten core solid bullet in .458 Dia. for the .458 Win. Mag. and the .460 Weatherby Magnum. I always meant to buy some and handload them in both my .458's and my Mark V Deluxe in .460. But they were over $100.00 at the time for a box of 20! And that was just the bullets, not loaded ammunition. I believe they were called "AGS", which stood for "African Grand Slam".

I read in one of my handloading manuals that were published back then, when the 500 grain Tungsten Core Solids were loaded to maximum velocity in the .460 Weatherby Magnum, they were capable of penetrating over 60 inches of pine! But they stopped selling them before I could buy any and test them out. This is a picture of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back