.300 AAC Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460

Off I rest or bench I believe it. I also have many rifles that will cut one ragged hole all day long off a bench. My Savage Model 12-F/TR among them. But shooting offhand, sitting, kneeling, or even prone with a sporter hunting rifle is a whole different ball game.

Just a bipod on a rickety old picnic table, your typical wooden type. This pic is after the rifle was put in a chassis, but I had the bipod on it when it was in the factory accustock and it behaved just as well at 100 yards.

I've bought a rest to zero the new rifle in, but I've never actually used one before. I don't bag either, everything has just been shoulder and bipod.

At my club they have nice cast concrete benches. That, coupled with a solid rest really makes sighting in, or shooting for groups really nice. I bought a good, solid Bald Eagle Front Rest several years back. It's been worth the money. It really makes bench shooting nice. The home made job shown with my Savage works well, but it's not as nice as the Bald Eagle.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Off I rest or bench I believe it. I also have many rifles that will cut one ragged hole all day long off a bench. My Savage Model 12-F/TR among them. But shooting offhand, sitting, kneeling, or even prone with a sporter hunting rifle is a whole different ball game.

Just a bipod on a rickety old picnic table, your typical wooden type. This pic is after the rifle was put in a chassis, but I had the bipod on it when it was in the factory accustock and it behaved just as well at 100 yards.

I've bought a rest to zero the new rifle in, but I've never actually used one before. I don't bag either, everything has just been shoulder and bipod.

Yep, my CZ527 will do under an inch most of the time off a bipod on the ground at the range...dinner plates (healthy dinner plate not the ones I got in NY) in danger 100% of the time at 600yards (knowing the range exactly is always helpful).

Guy was having issues sighting his Rem 700 varmint...I could shoot 5 shot clovers off the bipod to stop him chasing the black dot all over the paper.

All lying on the dirt...

At my club they have nice cast concrete benches. That, coupled with a solid rest really makes sighting in, or shooting for groups really nice. I bought a good, solid Bald Eagle Front Rest several years back. It's been worth the money. It really makes bench shooting nice. The home made job shown with my Savage works well, but it's not as nice as the Bald Eagle.

I didn't buy something quite that awesome, LOL ;-)

My buddy's range down near Trenton had the nice cement benches. He put down some incredible groups with my .308 but didn't enjoy the .338LM
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Yep, my CZ527 will do under an inch most of the time off a bipod on the ground at the range...dinner plates (healthy dinner plate not the ones I got in NY) in danger 100% of the time at 600yards (knowing the range exactly is always helpful).

Guy was having issues sighting his Rem 700 varmint...I could shoot 5 shot clovers off the bipod to stop him chasing the black dot all over the paper.

All lying on the dirt...

thumbsup2.gif

In our case it is often lying in the snow
lol.gif

My buddy and I used to have a big chunk of plywood we'd shoot prone from when there was snow on the ground when were still allowed to use the 220 yard range. We've found a 1,000 yard spot now, so I'm hoping we can test that one out this summer
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
A rifle dynamics AK will cost you $2,000 or more with no optics. I can't find a guarantee of accuracy that states .5 to .7 MOA on their website. Subie, can you find that info for us?

That's not a guarantee by RD/Sharps... it was field-tested by Recoil magazine and that's what it delivered on paper. Probably June-July 2017 issue. The RD touch makes it pricey, but you could just as easily retrofit your rifle with it, receiver cost is $499.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
A rifle dynamics AK will cost you $2,000 or more with no optics. I can't find a guarantee of accuracy that states .5 to .7 MOA on their website. Subie, can you find that info for us?

That's not a guarantee by RD/Sharps... it was field-tested by Recoil magazine and that's what it delivered on paper. Probably June-July 2017 issue. The RD touch makes it pricey, but you could just as easily retrofit your rifle with it, receiver cost is $499.

$2K for a precision custom built AK-47 is not that bad at all. Especially when you consider that a factory Arsenal Milled Bulgarian SAM-7 like this one, will run you in the neighborhood of $1,400.00+ out the door. For some reason people still carry around the stigma of the AK-47 as being automatically cheap. That is no longer the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back