2t oil recommendations for Genuine Roughhouse 50cc

getting a Genuine Roughhouse 50cc scoot...it uses a horizontal Minarelli 2t engine with oil injection (no pre-mix); updated specs per Genuine calls for a JASO-FD oil...I am seeking help on finding oils that meet this spec for use (engine will be derestricted); this scoot will be for local commutes & occasional recreational rides...

I've been a huge fan of Castrol TT-S, which is now Castrol Power1 Racing 2t. It is among the most robust EG-D oils. Whether you like the odor or not is another matter. I find that it does not smell as pleasant as other oils.

I use Bel-Ray Si-7 Synthetic 2T Engine Oil in a Genuine Buddy 50. It can be found at cycle gear stores.​

echo redarmor and echo blend are both jaso FD(home depot)
vp racing 2 cycle oil is also jaso fd (found at walmart easily)

Anything that meets FD will be excellent. Not sure where you’re located but if you can get your hands on Ipone products they make several strawberry scented scooter oils that are really quite pleasant.

I'm trying to stay clear of too much 'pre-mix' grade stuff since it is a bit heavier than injector grade stuff...this scoot comes with a dedicated injection system and the rate of injection is increased with engine rpm's; still got a month or so to do homework before I bring her home...

Back