'23 KIA Soul GT . Holy !!!

It's not even a GT, It's a GT Line. Meaning it has the N/A 2.0. They cant possibly think someone will ever really buy a "cheaper" car marked up like this.

I think all SOULs get the 2. Ltr.. States at their site .

Go to the TOWBIN Kia and when looking at new '23 SOULs M.S.R.P you'll notice below it " Pricing displayed is not final selling price . Contact dealer for final selling price . " . No thank you .

Back in '90 ( or '91 :unsure: ) purchased a new Dodge Colt . After test drive we agreed upon a price and fairly low % for the loan . Wanted time to think it over . Next day called them back and said will be in to buy . Signed the papers and later noticed they changed it to higher rate for the loan . Was young and learned the hard way .

Last edited:
Last month we were at Toyota dealer here in Illinois to see the salesman that sold me many car's in the past.I was looking for new car/SUV. He mentioned 3500 mandatory fee plus MSRP plus whatever factory installed options we focus on corolla sedan LE hybrid computation was 35k out the door.Then the RAV4 hybrid LE AWD trim was 45k out the door. I end up buying my old lady friend Toyota Matrix 2007 FWD with 180k for 2500 so far after 1k miles working good.Just sharing..

I just looked at a 2023 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve last night. It had an MSRP of $68,000.00 The sales person told me there would be a "market adjustment" as well. I told him that's really curious since Titan sales are abysmal. He said "well this dealership moves a lot of volume". I just started laughing and left!

Everyone is at least trying the market adjustment now. We got a WT Colorado in at work, white with steel wheels. Sticker is $31k, they have added $5k market adjustment and $2k in protection package nonsense.

The dealer financing they overcharge for likely will.
0f course, that way they all make $.
reminds me of any other marketing ploy. It's the merican way (middlemen). Tons of middlemen w/ their hand out (esp on bigger ticket items - car, house, durable goods). Add more hands out if its an item typical mericans think is a necessity (or IS). Early adopters stand in over nite lines and pay priemum (fora beta that breaks ina day)~

Last edited:
Out. Maybe ~$30K OTD. Take all the optional dealer garbage off. Take off the service contract. Take out any and all fees and market adjustment.

NON TAX FEES... 28.25

What, is that for "just because we can". Holyfuckomolie, car buying has really gotten out of hand.

Did they get the theft thing figured out on Kia/Hyundais yet? I saw on the news here yesterday that 21 Kia/Hyundais were stolen per day in St. Louis in July. Built in obsolescence. Kia is sending The Club to police departments to hand out.

When my Daughter turned 16 I pointed out a Kia Soul to her and said I would buy one for her. S he looked at me straight in the Eye and said Dad I would not drive it of you bought that car for me

shame, but I bought my cars when living 'home'.
Dad showed me how to wrench, I've 'assisted' w/payment, shown my daughter how to maintain her's (& on my own - restore, as she will inheret my '70/77 ina few yrs). We've had some conversations we probably would not have w/o the vehices to focus on. She now has some skill as well as 'bonding' w/her dad, me w/her...

Back