21 Ford Bronco Sport Filters

Does anyone know where I can find an engine and cabin air filter? All of the parts stores I have checked are backordered and do not have a time frame of when they will be instock again. Its the same case at the dealership to.

I checked on line at Rock Auto and no good there.
And they have almost everything availible for about any car ever made.

Does anyone know where I can find an engine and cabin air filter? All of the parts stores I have checked are backordered and do not have a time frame of when they will be instock again. Its the same case at the dealership to.
Have you tried the K& N web site?

I was surprised when Rock Auto didn't have anything. The only thing I've found is a K&N engine air filter. They are out of cabin air filters. I don’t know a lot about K&N.

I was surprised when Rock Auto didn't have anything. The only thing I've found is a K&N engine air filter. They are out of cabin air filters. I don’t know a lot about K&N.
K&N some people hate them and some people love them.
I have their low priced oiled air filter marketed as a Spectre in my 2002 Blazer.
Really can't hurt a 20 year old SUV that's still running pretty good.
I put it in hoping to get better then the 14 MPG and so far I'm rocking 15 MPG.

K&N some people hate them and some people love them.
I have their low priced oiled air filter marketed as a Spectre in my 2002 Blazer.
Really can't hurt a 20 year old SUV that's still running pretty good.
I put it in hoping to get better then the 14 MPG and so far I'm rocking 15 MPG.
Have you had any issues with contaminates getting in? I’m concerned about the turbo. I know the oiled material catches a lot of it, but have read mixed things about them.

Have you had any issues with contaminates getting in? I’m concerned about the turbo. I know the oiled material catches a lot of it, but have read mixed things about them.
Contaminates?
I have no clue and in a 20 year old blazer I dont care.
But in your case with a modern turbo engine it would be wise to look into.

They have been on backorder for nearly 6 months. I know because I had been trying to get those for my 21 Bronco Sport work vehicle with no luck whatsoever. Every Ford dealership says the same thing.

normally engine air filter last 60000miles unless you live on dirt road.
cabin air filter is about yearly but you could shop vac it off if its crusty and put it back in for now.

You need those filters already?

They're so new, few people actually need those filters yet :D

Also, the cabin filter seems to be the same as used in the Explorer/Aviator, Corsair, Mach-E, and the regular Bronco. A Premium Guard is $15 on Amazon, or if you prefer an advanced filter like a knockoff Mann FP, check out this one

The Escape also uses the same air filter as your Bronco Sport. However, you may need to order one from Europe on a site like Alvadi or Trodo. The Escape is called Kuga in Europe. If you order from Europe, consider the Hengst biofunctional cabin filter (blue media, like the Mahle Care Metix and Mann FP).

You will need this air filter and this cabin filter. Alvadi doesn't have the -LB Hengst, but they do still carry the regular charcoal Hengst, and the Mann air filter. Although Alvadi has better shipping rates, they do require you to make an account to check out and see the shipping cost, while Trodo doesn't. Alvadi offers both express (plane) and economy (boat) shipping, while Trodo only offers express shipping to the US .

Trodo is based in Latvia, while Alvadi is from Estonia.

Otherwise, your only option for buying an air filter in the US right now is K&N :poop:

My Lexus dealership uses this site to locate parts for my old Lexus.

Putting in the Ford part number and a zip code for the SF Peninsula, shows a limited number of air filters and good supply of cabin filters. You might want to make some phone calls to see which dealerships would be willing to ship.

Cabin filters are available from RA.

Couple of cheap aftermarket brands pop up on EBay $15.95 when you type in Wix WA10981 such as Air filter 31502, brand NK filters?
Might even be a Purolator looking at the interchange part number A31502.

Last edited:
Back