2024 Silverado EV W/T - 450 miles EPA range

I just saw one yesterday on the freeways of So Cal with manufacturer plates. Work truck white...it looked fantastic in real life. I wish they'd style their ICE trucks this nice.
I do a lot of fleet and OE parts. EV's are a home run for a lot of fleets. Yeah yeah, I've heard all the bashing, and don't disagree with a lot of it, but in a fleet case, it works.
I do think it looks great. I don't know if that will be enough to sell it.

This to will die on the vine. GM want sell enough to justify the investment cost long term. It’s a lost cause
That will be the killer. I'm not sure I would call it a lost cause for long term development, but I would not be surprised if pricing puts a damper on its popularity.

Impressive charge rate. I really like the Silverado. Hoping to drive one soon. I am biased though I worked at GM on battery platforms. 2024 is the year the dam breaks loose on EVS for us. Ultium 2 in Spring Hill, TN started production, module capacity is ramping up.

Impressive charge rate. I really like the Silverado. Hoping to drive one soon. I am biased though I worked at GM on battery platforms. 2024 is the year the dam breaks loose on EVS for us. Ultium 2 in Spring Hill, TN started production, module capacity is ramping up.
Thanks for the info!

Yup, that's the cool part of buying American made stuff, they're made by people you know, be it in person on the internets.

After spending a week of long distance driving with the 4 cylinder Chevy pickup, I’d do anything to get rid of that groaning and clattery, 2.7L, 18mpg 4 cylinder engine. That means the EV pickup is a far more pleasant choice, ignoring the price of course.

It was a very nice truck with a terrible engine. All I could think about was how much nicer the EV version will be

New Silverado EV still charging at 300kw at 50% SOC. 100kWh delivered in 18 minutes.

This is encouraging, but then again shouldn't a 200KWH battery be able to do that?

So far the one winning ultium, although it's defiantly a hog, but it's a hog with a really big battery.

Curious to learn about HVAC cabin control under high heat and fast charging.

After spending a week of long distance driving with the 4 cylinder Chevy pickup, I’d do anything to get rid of that groaning and clattery, 2.7L, 18mpg 4 cylinder engine. That means the EV pickup is a far more pleasant choice, ignoring the price of course.

It was a very nice truck with a terrible engine. All I could think about was how much nicer the EV version will be

Interesting observation, and a bummer. This seemingly capable mill gets little love.

I wish GM could get the Silverado a little lighter at 8500 LB its like taking a 3/4 ton everywhere - I cant imagine getting that thing stuck off-road.

Interesting observation, and a bummer. This seemingly capable mill gets little love.

I wish GM could get the Silverado a little lighter at 8500 LB its like taking a 3/4 ton everywhere - I cant imagine getting that thing stuck off-road.
I drive 3 F150’s. The V8 is most pleasant and the most fun. The 2.7L EB is a close second, sounds like a race car in sport mode. Very lively! It returns 21MPG under the same conditions as the Chevy 4cyl’s 18MPG, the Chrvy’s dashboard liar overestimated a bit at 19.9MPG

Newest base Silverado EV. The 3WT-1FL. 393-miles EPA. 12,500lbs towing. About as stripped-out as you can get! $66,900. Probably also making room for the upcoming consumer-level trucks largely put in the $70k - $80k range.

Includes:
  • (RT3) 18" steel wheels

Removes:
  • (BVE) Assist steps,
  • (PSC) Dual Level Charge Cord,
  • (RIP) 18" high gloss Blacked paint wheels and (VPB)
  • Soft roll-up tonneau cover, LPO.

The GMC Sierra EV will be the one to buy IMO. From the marketing material it looks like it will be more attractive cosmetically than the Silverado EV.

Although it might be a big yawn, GM is getting serious about hybrid pickups. For EV haters it might just be the ticket.

D5D6442D-9CB7-4D7C-ACDD-93942EE63E40.jpg

1857B036-EB7F-40CA-B0E6-F09FBBF4BEC4.jpg

I really wondered about the 4 cylinder Silverado. I'd definitely have my concerns. I have not driven one and when I was last considering a Silverado I was looking at the 5.3 V8. My last truck was 2017 F150 5.0 and to me the EcoBoost trucks still sound odd to me. They aren't overstressed engines though. I don't see any way the I-4 Silverado isn't overly stressed for the platform. It might be fine, but I really don't like it when a powertrain sounds overwhelmed and tortured.

I really wondered about the 4 cylinder Silverado. I'd definitely have my concerns. I have not driven one and when I was last considering a Silverado I was looking at the 5.3 V8. My last truck was 2017 F150 5.0 and to me the EcoBoost trucks still sound odd to me. They aren't overstressed engines though. I don't see any way the I-4 Silverado isn't overly stressed for the platform. It might be fine, but I really don't like it when a powertrain sounds overwhelmed and tortured.

The 2.7 is built like a diesel beefy and very tough.
It simply isn't smooth, silky feeling, or sounding according to journalists and trusted reviewers.

One can alway make the case that dividing load across more bearing surface or cylinders makes for a stronger engine and there is some merit to that.

To my eye, it looks more like the spiritual successor to the Avalanche than a Silverado, but I do like it
Interesting take on the commercial for it
"A whole new truck, for a whole new generation" 😏
Maybe they're onto something 🤔

Newest base Silverado EV. The 3WT-1FL. 393-miles EPA. 12,500lbs towing. About as stripped-out as you can get! $66,900. Probably also making room for the upcoming consumer-level trucks largely put in the $70k - $80k range.

Includes:
  • (RT3) 18" steel wheels

Removes:
  • (BVE) Assist steps,
  • (PSC) Dual Level Charge Cord,
  • (RIP) 18" high gloss Blacked paint wheels and (VPB)
  • Soft roll-up tonneau cover, LPO.

I don't think they're going to sell many more than Ford has with a starting price of $66K and optioned up price of what, $80+K. My local dealers have lots and lots full of $80K gas/diesel trucks that they can't sell. But they can't keep the $40K stripper models on the lot...

I don't think they're going to sell many more than Ford has with a starting price of $66K and optioned up price of what, $80+K. My local dealers have lots and lots full of $80K gas/diesel trucks that they can't sell. But they can't keep the $40K stripper models on the lot...
I think the EV Silverado might have a higher perception of quality with the F150 Lightning history, but obviously neither of them are cheap trucks. As far as base F150s go, my company just bought a few base supercrews with 4wd and the base truck aside from the appearance of the front bench with folding center isn't too bad of an interior. The base radio looks to be the upgraded radio from 5 years ago.

Back