2024 Silverado EV W/T - 450 miles EPA range

I'm eager to see more details about the charge curve, and the units ability to maintain climate control while fast charging.

It's great that it can peak at 350, but how long will it hold that and at what state of charge does it need to be at before you can get that number.

So far when it comes to charge speed the Ultium GM cars have been more disappointing than waterworld.

Went 128.5 miles on the highway and used 24% of the battery. Theoretical range of 514 miles.

• I towed ~2,500 miles over this past summer with a similar sized trailer. The longest single day I spent towing was 228 miles.
  • With the trailer hitched up, doing highway speeds, my 1500 returned ~9mpg. With a 24 gallon tank, that's 216 miles of range with a full tank.
Silverado EV is the first EV truck that would have met all my real world towing needs for a summer without the need to top up the battery mid-trip.

59-81 % in 27 min ending at 110KW - this is not impressive for a rig with a battery this big.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 12.14.07 PM.jpg

My off-peak charging rate is 2.391¢/kWh on the EV program.

Over 200,000 miles with $4 gas and much lower maintence, I bet a $75k Silverado EV ends up cheaper to own for me than a low-end $40k gasoline Silverado.
Wow I thought we were doing good at .13 per kwh all in with taxes and fees. There's no way I'd ever buy another ICE vehicle if I could get 2.39 cents per kwh.

Starting to show up at dealers (for commercial customers). 16 of them at Hamilton Chevrolet in Warren, MI.

Last edited:
When they look and haul just like a real half ton truck I will consider one for my small fleet of work trucks but as long as they look so pitiful I pass ..... this is just one truck purists opinion

I could see the Trail Boss being the most popular trim, until the LT or Custom trims come out. RST too expensive, WT too bare-bones. Hopefully they can do a 350 mile version for $79k or less.

A 4WD, V8 LT Trail Boss is $62k+. A V8 High Country is basically $70k, so these $75k-$79k EVs are not that far-off already.

$100k+ RST though 😬😬

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

Last edited:
My off-peak charging rate is 2.391¢/kWh on the EV program.

Over 200,000 miles with $4 gas and much lower maintenance, I bet a $75k Silverado EV ends up cheaper to own for me than a low-end $40k gasoline Silverado.
With rates like that, a well purchased EV is a no brainer. Although, I don't see a GM EV being more reliable long term, than a Tesla. Pouch cell batteries can and do have issues. Although GM did make a modular system, that "might" be maintainable.

I just saw one yesterday on the freeways of So Cal with manufacturer plates. Work truck white...it looked fantastic in real life. I wish they'd style their ICE trucks this nice.
I do a lot of fleet and OE parts. EV's are a home run for a lot of fleets. Yeah yeah, I've heard all the bashing, and don't disagree with a lot of it, but in a fleet case, it works.

Back