2024 Chevy Trax

You might want to crossshop/testdrive kia seltos, hyundai venue.

the trax is built in korea..

Know someone who just traded in his cherokee on a seltos and likes it :unsure:

edit:
Just did some more research. the New Trax looks surprisingly nice.. but I need 1 car that can tow 1000lb.. Trax = 0 towing? :(
disappointing my 2007 focus could tow 1000lb

Lots crying about no AWD.. but even in buffalo or cleveland.. some good tires > AWD with stock tires.

Now if you were driving somewhere mountainous that needed chains.. yep probably should get the trailblazer or something AWD then put good tires on it.

Last edited:
If I were in the market for a new vehicle this Trax might be my first choice. Supposedly they sell pretty much the moment they hit the lot (Dave B Sells Chevy YouTube channel says this). Even though they have supposedly sold over 40,000 of these so far, I haven't seen one on the roads yet.

Check out the Buick Envista (same platform), you might have an easier time finding one because people won’t know their available and the Buick stigma.

IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

You might want to crossshop/testdrive kia seltos, hyundai venue.

the trax is built in korea..

Know someone who just traded in his cherokee on a seltos and likes it :unsure:

edit:
Just did some more research. the New Trax looks surprisingly nice.. but I need 1 car that can tow 1000lb.. Trax = 0 towing? :(
disappointing my 2007 focus could tow 1000lb

Lots crying about no AWD.. but even in buffalo or cleveland.. some good tires > AWD with stock tires.

Now if you were driving somewhere mountainous that needed chains.. yep probably should get the trailblazer or something AWD then put good tires on it.

IMHO almost anything (I know folks will post stupid sports cars, etc.) can tow 1000 pounds if you are smart about it.

If you want re-assurance, look up the tow rating for the same vehicle in Europe.

Buick?
1697723393185.png

Chevy
1697723630232.png

Unless thats a trim level malfunction I'd prefer the Chevy.

I'd be buying whatever trim package skipped the first monstrosity and going with the second with knobs .

I find it funny that their pic has a pixel 3xl connected 😆
Since this is a first year car and the pixel 3 xl is about 5 years old.

Last edited:
That’s the top trim Envista, the two lower trims has buttons like I posted.

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around 32mpg highway, maybe not for the car but for (I think) being the cheapest Chevy in the lineup.

Hyundai Venue gets 33 highway which is the cheapest Hyundai and I'd say the Trax is a more substantial vehicle.
Guess I’m having trouble with the fact that the entry level is now a compact SUV. Not really specific about GM, just the overall market shifting. I say that owning a Cruze and a Cobalt. Lol I want that mid to high 30s mpg in the eco box sticker price.

Is the Envista even available on the dealer's lots yet?
Having written that, I'd prefer the base trim Trax, so a Buick is probably not going to fit my needs, if I have a need in the near future.
Every Buick dealer in my metro has them on the lot. Buick dealers are full of Korean and Chinese built Buicks, only the Enclave is made by the UAW.

Reactions: JTK
Daewoo you say? Weren't they a miserable hunk of poo when they were available here in the states some years ago? I drove a Daewoo forklift once. Seemed ok.

Reactions: JTK
It’s a great deal for a basic commuter car. In today’s dollars it’s effectively cheaper than a Cruze from 5 years ago.

Back