2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV

More info release. As expected, top 2RS trims first. $48,995 for FWD, $52,395 for AWD šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

New base price is $34,995 and coming ā€œlaterā€.

On the plus side, 319 mile GM-Estimated range which is significantly higher than previously suggested. Car and Driver says all models get the same battery pack, so the cheapest one will presumably get the best range (?), which would be nice.

Orders start in a couple weeks.

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

I canā€™t figure out GMā€™s styling choices. Unless I stop and look at the back of the vehicle I canā€™t figure out the difference between the Trax, Blazer, and Equinox. I would think this was a Blazer if I saw it on the road.

Thankfully these first 2RS cars are fully loaded, including Super Cruise

Includes all these packages:

Convenience Package (ZL3)

• Six-way manual front passenger seat adjuster (A7H)
  • Four-way power driver lumbar seat (AVK)
  • Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror (DD8)
  • Wireless Phone Charging (K4C)
  • Hitch Guidance (CTT)
  • Hitch View (PZ8)
  • Hands-free power programmable liftgate with presence detection (TCP)
  • Trailering wiring provisions (V92)

The Active Safety Package 1 (AS1) includes (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):

• Rear Cross Traffic Braking (UFB)
  • Reverse Automatic Braking (UVZ)
  • Blind Zone Steering (UKI)
  • Safety Alert Seat (HS1)
The Active Safety Package 2 (AS2) includes (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):

• Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking (CTB)
  • Speed Limit Assist (ISA)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (KSG)
  • Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking (UGN)
  • Rear Pedestrian Alert (UKK)
  • Side Bicyclist Alert (UOW)
  • HD Surround vision (UV2)
  • Traffic Sign recognition (UVX)
  • Surround Vision Recorder (XVR)
The Super Cruise Package (AS3) includes (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):
  • Super Cruise (UKL)
  • Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist (UKZ)
  • Driver Attention Assist (ULM)
The Technology Package (CWM) includes (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):

ā€¢17.7-inch diagonal advanced color LCD display with Google built-in compatibility audio system (IVE) Infotainment (URW)
  • Ambient interior lighting (C70)
Other standard 2RS features include (relevant RPO code in parenthesis):

• Single-zone automatic climate control (C68)
  • 11-inch Driver Information Center (URF)
  • Eight years of OnStar Remote Access (PRF)
  • Black with Red accents Evotex seat trim
  • 8-way power driver seat adjuster (A2X)
  • 6-way manual passenger seat adjuster (A7H)
  • Heated front seats (KAG)
  • Heated steering wheel (KI3)
  • IntelliBeam auto high beams (TQ5)
  • AutoSense power liftgate (TCP)
  • Sport finish roof rails (VAB)
  • 21-inch Black-painted aluminum wheels (RVV)
  • 275/R21 all-season tires (QLT)
  • 11.5 kW capable AC charging capacity (K28)
  • Dual-level charge cord with 1.4 kW 120V and 7.7 kW 240V capability (PSC)
  • 150 kW DC Fast Charging capability

Last edited by a moderator:
The first trim available will now be called the ā€œLaunch Editionā€ instead of 2RS.

IMG_5109.jpeg

They also confirmed ā€œmid-2024ā€ for every other trim level, including the $34,995 1LT. Earlier rumors of late-2024/early 2025 for the base 1LT, but that doesnā€™t appear to be the case. And looks like they added the option to add AWD to 1LT, I donā€™t think that was there before.

IMG_5106.jpeg

IMG_5107.jpeg

IMG_5108.jpeg

Last edited:
Also appears like these will all get the exact same 10-module / 85kWh battery as most of the Blazer EVs. Should make for simplified production at the factory.

Also appears like these will all get the exact same 10-module / 85kWh battery as most of the Blazer EVs. Should make for simplified production at the factory.
That's a big battery. The Model Y uses a 67 to 81 kWh size. Our Model 3 Mid Range RWD is 65 kWh, I believe.

That's a big battery. The Model Y uses a 67 to 81 kWh size. Our Model 3 Mid Range RWD is 65 kWh, I believe.

The original plan for the base ā€œaround $30,000ā€ Equinox EV was an 8-module pack at about 68kWh. Must have decided the simplify the lineup, or bet people want range over saving a few thousand?

Real-world range should be huge though. Edmunds did 320 miles in a new 279 mile EPA
rated Blazer EV AWD. I bet the 319
mile EPA rated FWD Equinox EV will be close to 340-350 miles real-world. The Ultium based vehicles have all been highly underrated, range-wise. Edmunds got 390 miles out of the old 329 mile EPA rated Hummer EV. The 2024+ Hummers go much further.

For $34,995 ($27,495 after Fed rebate), its price vs range vs size should make it a great option, especially with most of the cheaper Teslas losing their tax credits.

Last edited:
Production has started. $34,995 for 319 miles FWD in the 1LT is confirmed. Sounds like it must be stripped out pretty aggressively, because the price jump to 2LT is pretty huge.

From InsideEVs:
  • ā€œ1LT FWD starting at $34,995
  • 2LT FWD starting at $43,295
  • 2RS FWD starting at $44,795
  • 3LT FWD starting at $45,295
  • 3RS FWD starting at $46,795
Also worth noting is the Equinox EV's eligibility for the $7,500 federal tax credit. With the credit applied, eligible buyers could get the Equinox EV 1LT for as low as $27,495, and the 2LT for $35,795, GM said today in a statement.

GM also confirmed that the Equinox EV AWD has achieved an EPA-estimated range of 285 milesā€”however, AWD prices are yet to be announced.ā€œ

Last edited:
the 1lt will be made for 5 customers and then dropped once they start having to push trunk money on the higher trim models. i wonder what kind of allocation this will be getting regionally.

Equinox EV, Blazer EV, Prologue and LYRIQ all now qualify for the full $7,500 rebate.

IMG_7264.jpeg

Equinox EV configurator is up. Deliveries start soon. $3,300 premium confirmed for AWD.

Horrible webpage design. Between the HUGE banner across the top and the large banner across the bottom the part that actually moves and displays options is far too small and useless. Nice of them to put first graders to work building web pages though.

ETA That was using Brave browser. In Firefox it works better and is actually usable.

Tesla is killing it. The Model Y might be the #1 selling car in the world next year, of any kind.

Tesla is beating the Germans in Germany! Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.

GM (and others) have to get their name out there. And they know it.
Boy were you wrong

I canā€™t get over the extreme cost of EVā€™s. I know Iā€™m old and still think there should be $20,000 F150 XL pickup trucks available. 6 cyl, base models. But good god, when we are looking at mortgage payments and homeowners insurance for a less capable vehicle, something is very wrong. Sorry but leather seating does not make up for the 60% premium. Its indefensible

I canā€™t get over the extreme cost of EVā€™s. I know Iā€™m old and still think there should be $20,000 F150 XL pickup trucks available. 6 cyl, base models. But good god, when we are looking at mortgage payments and homeowners insurance for a less capable vehicle, something is very wrong. Sorry but leather seating does not make up for the 60% premium. Its indefensible
It's the vehicles being built. I get there are fuel economy restraints that make crossovers easier, but that's not a concern with EVs, yet we're still focused on crossovers. Heavier vehicles that require more battery to get acceptable range. Costs go up. Leather as you mention or even the fancy vinyl leather substitutes used these days are put in to help make it feel more premium to help the perception of value for money. We're over $40k, so now people are going to really demand tech. We jam all of that in too. Price is raised yet again to absorb that.

Perfect example is the the F150 as you mention. I'd have to look, but I think an XL work truck is nearly $40k these days, then if that goes EV there's an even bigger battery. The standard range is only 230 miles, so I wouldn't be in without the $10k Extended range battery. I'd still want a fairly basic truck with at least CarPlay, but it would still be hauling the family around. Personally I'd select the XLT at this point. It's not a luxury vehicle, but it's comfortable for everyone and has the basic modern amenities. All of this comes to an eye watering $75k before the discounts that are prevalent. I can have this exact truck for $56k today. I already had the deal worked out, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a vehicle.

A base Model 3 can still be had under $40k new and that's not particularly cheap. Many will think it's too small a car and I understand that. It might be the minimum my family can do to be comfortable on a longer trip with all 4 of us in the car. The GTI works in a pinch as long as we don't have a lot of bags, but it's a little bit smaller for interior space.

At this point batteries are heavy, expensive, and take up space. Modern vehicles are already expensive so this makes it worse. The Model 3 at least is under 4k lbs. Almost no other EV is though, aside from the Bolt and the city car type EVs that don't have the range o the Bolt and Model 3. I think that's the only reason why a Model 3 can be had under $40k. For example the above F150 extended range has a battery capacity of twice of the Model 3, yet weighs around 7k lbs so its rated range is only 50 miles more. The focus seems to be on range and utility right now so size and battery capacity just keep going up to get there. I haven't seen a quoted number yet, but I don't see any way the new Silverado EV isn't over 8,000 lbs and makes it a very expensive vehicle.

It's why I sit on the sidelines for now. I don't think my next vehicle is in production yet. I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sure I'll know it when I see it. It's likely an EV, but I'm not strictly only considering EVs.

Back