2020 BMW M2CS, BMW 0w30, 2843 miles

WIX report below, about 7 months on this oil, and most of these miles are quite spirited in the canyons- as in burning through a tank of fuel in less than 2 hours. Maybe @edyvw will have some feedback for me :)

Screenshot 2023-07-27 153631.png
image0 (2).jpeg

Ouch. 2800 miles?
I would move to regular LL01. If not tuned like Castrol Edge 0W30, Mobil1 0W40, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40, Motul X-Cess 5W40 GEN2.
KV100 is already at 9, TBN is so so.
Canyon runs are nothing for that engine. It is good exercise, nothing else. That car is serious track weapon. You won’t overwhelm it on regular road.

Ouch. 2800 miles?
I would move to regular LL01. If not tuned like Castrol Edge 0W30, Mobil1 0W40, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W40, Motul X-Cess 5W40 GEN2.
KV100 is already at 9, TBN is so so.
Canyon runs are nothing for that engine. It is good exercise, nothing else. That car is serious track weapon. You won’t overwhelm it on regular road.
Ouch as in the results or too low of miles for a change? I wanted to do a bi-annual change before my last free oil change EOY. Mostly was curious to see how this oil is holding up with primarily spirited driving.

I plan on going to one of the above-mentioned oils once I'm through the free maintenance period.

Some metals are elevated but that's to be expected until break-in subsides. Not sure if the Titanium is from the oil additive or not though.

Beautiful car, nice to see it's been ordered with the driver mandatory transmission, and that it's being pulled through a knot hole every chance you get. Well done sir:)

Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0W-30 should hold up to those canyon blasts.

WIX report below, about 7 months on this oil, and most of these miles are quite spirited in the canyons- as in burning through a tank of fuel in less than 2 hours. Maybe @edyvw will have some feedback for me :)

View attachment 169146View attachment 169147
Looks ok. Wear metals are fine on such a young engine. The viscosity is low for such a short interval but without a knowing the starting viscosity we can only say that it barely fell to a 20 grade. It's plausible that the oil thickens back up as you reach 10k miles but it's less than ideal. Canyon runs are not synonymous with track conditions.

Edit: Here's a S55. Viscosity drop seems normal.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/2021-m2c-s55-with-10k-miles-bmw-0w-30-3-5k-miles.359845/

Last edited:
Looks ok to me. Viscosity is borderline. Tbn is strong, but does it matter? Wear is fine.

Looks ok to me. Viscosity is borderline. Tbn is strong, but does it matter? Wear is fine.
KV100 is problematic after that mileage.
Wear is irrelevant unless unusual spike. It is UOA not used engine analysis.
Here is my wear in this UOA. Right column is Castrol Edge 0W30 during winter time. Left is Castrol Edge 0W40 with some 500mls of track time. All track miles in ambient temperature between 95-105f, at 5,100ft altitude and sever sessions as long as 60min.
IMG_9458.jpeg

LSPI.
Some B48's due to the very aggressive eco mode or in manuals when in high gear, had LSPI events.
Low Ca should prevent that.
But I was wondering why Ca ppm in VOA is lower than in OP's UOA? Could LSPI cause an increase in Ca?

Back