2018 Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to get one , it would be the turbo 4 and 6 speed!

But I use a Jeep as a Jeep. So it would go off road - no way would I take a brand new vehicle off road.

The aluminum doesn't bother me because if I did buy one it would be for daily driving fun not off-roading. I was thinking Eco Diesel because of the fuel economy and because it would last a good long time and be excellent for bypass filtration.

Maybe by the time I'm done with the Journey they will have all that worked out.

Back door is magnesium they mentioned in one of the videos... It's just a periodic table this thing.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
The aluminum doesn't bother me because if I did buy one it would be for daily driving fun not off-roading. I was thinking Eco Diesel because of the fuel economy and because it would last a good long time and be excellent for bypass filtration.

Maybe by the time I'm done with the Journey they will have all that worked out.

I did a lot of reading on that engine about 2 years ago. From what I read, unless they did some major updates I'd pass on it.
27.gif

Really? I only heard good things... They did pull it because of the emission cheating and revised it slightly so it actually complies. Stupid VW for screwing it up for everyone.
lol.gif

Looks nice but I hope they greatly improve the overall reliability of the Jeep... Many friends have had them over the years and they spend a lot of time at the dealerships...

I like Wranglers but some of the Sahara 4-doors are pushing 60 grand. No thanks. If I wanted a real Wrangler I'd buy a TJ or YJ with a 4.0L. A co-worker owns a newer JK and it has had water leaks from day one.

The new jl takes 5 quarts of 0w20 not 6 quarts of 5w20 like the jk wonder why. Talking 3.6 pentastar

Originally Posted By: mailman74
The new jl takes 5 quarts of 0w20 not 6 quarts of 5w20 like the jk wonder why. Talking 3.6 pentastar

The oil pan on my brother's 2016 is the size of a bread pan. I can't see that getting shrunk much more.

It'll be interesting to see the new ones.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I like Wranglers but some of the Sahara 4-doors are pushing 60 grand. No thanks. If I wanted a real Wrangler I'd buy a TJ or YJ with a 4.0L. A co-worker owns a newer JK and it has had water leaks from day one.

I love my TJ, I bought it as a parade car for an election campaign and when I bought it I fully intended to sell it after the election. It turned my wife, son, and I all loved it and I sold my DD Pathfinder instead. I've now had it for nearly 16 years- and might get used for one last campaign...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Really? I only heard good things... They did pull it because of the emission cheating and revised it slightly so it actually complies. Stupid VW for screwing it up for everyone.
lol.gif

Just do a Google search of the problems some of the Ram owners are having with the 3.0 VM diesel, it was just enough to sway me away from it. Don't get me wrong I saw some good reports too. Then I spoke to a buddy of mine that works at a Jeep Chrysler dealership and he told me to stay clear of them. That was all I needed to hear. For diesel I'll pass on VM, now a Cummings is a whole different story.

They had to go to thicker oil because the 5w-30 oil wasn't enough for the bottom end.

That's pretty bad considering most manufactures have been able to get by running 0w-20 in engine that spec heavier oils ...

And, of course, there is the reliability disaster that is *any* modern diesel - doesn't matter if it's FCA, Cat (I think they got out of the OTR diesel market over it) , Navistar, Ford, GM ... no one can make a reliable emissions diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back