2017 Toyota Sienna filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: Patrick0525
The oc you are describing has too much drama. Buy an extra oil filter housing and treat it as a spin-oil filter. ...
Ah! That made sense after I saw you're only replacing the cap assembly each time, not the entire metal housing. I bought a spare cap assembly, and have considered doing it your way. That way, you can install the new filter with one cap, at the same time your messy old filter with cap is draining.

My reason for buying the 2nd filter housing is to have the luxury of time to clean the inside of the removed throughly. I don’t have to feel rushed or clean it in poor environmental conditions: heat or cold. I can also pre-fill the filter with oil and allow it to completely get saturated.

Last edited:
Well we got the 2014. I stopped by napa and got a filter and oil. The filter is made in China but looks good. Can’t say I was thrilled with the 9 bucks it cost but I have a filter on the shelf now. I will either get some Toyota filters or some clearance ones from rock auto going forward.

The first filter they gave me had a big dent in the end of a pleat. Good thing I opened it to look at it.

Does anyone know the efficiency info for the Toyota filters? Napa has the pro select filters for $4.20 in the master pack. I don’t know if the pro selects are just as good or better than the Toyota ones.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Well we got the 2014. I stopped by napa and got a filter and oil. The filter is made in China but looks good. Can’t say I was thrilled with the 9 bucks it cost but I have a filter on the shelf now. I will either get some Toyota filters or some clearance ones from rock auto going forward.

The first filter they gave me had a big dent in the end of a pleat. Good thing I opened it to look at it.

Does anyone know the efficiency info for the Toyota filters? Napa has the pro select filters for $4.20 in the master pack. I don’t know if the pro selects are just as good or better than the Toyota ones.

The Mahle is made in Austria. Rock Auto has them at a great price
smile.gif

I have bought from these people, worked out well. No one actually knows the efficiency of this Toyota filter. On here at least.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-5-04152-YZZA1-Genuine-Toyota-Oil-Filters-with-Drain-Gaskets-Camry-Avalon/352364569284?epid=523480948&hash=item520a90a2c4:g:FBgAAOSwMORW7~lm:sc:USPSPriority!93950!US!-1

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Does anyone know the efficiency info for the Toyota filters?

Not that great based on 3rd party info. Take it as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back