2017 RAV 4 OCI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all still think Fully Synthetic oil is Synthetic oil and it can go 10K.

There a guy on here who barely got 10K out of M1Ep PAO REAL synthetic on a recently posted UOA. Ccheck It.

2-3K on that FF. But you better put something good in there and can that Toyota filter.

I should knopw Ive been trashing cars the past decade with "better than factory service" using TOP brand name oils and factory filters. That is not what works anymore in many cases.

You may be in better shape in 2017 with a factory filter, I hear the Yota 4 banger takes a loaded cartridge. If Spin on, If its Denso Thailand - leave it on the parts counter!

I'm going with 5k, car is warrantied bumper to bumper for 7 years or 100k, it will be traded in before that !

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: zeng
What a joke in Malaysia on OCI's , first service at 1,000 km. You read it right, km.
Toyota Rav 4 first service at 1,000 km, Malaysia

Is that a Toyota schedule or a dealer one? Its ridiculous.

It's Toyota schedule, not dealer's.
Anyway, got words that Toyota SC does recommend 10,000 km OCI for only 'fully synthetic' motor oil.
Not sure the recommendation is across the board among various SC's or otherwise.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Y'all still think Fully Synthetic oil is Synthetic oil and it can go 10K.

There a guy on here who barely got 10K out of M1Ep PAO REAL synthetic on a recently posted UOA. Ccheck It.

2-3K on that FF. But you better put something good in there and can that Toyota filter.

I should knopw Ive been trashing cars the past decade with "better than factory service" using TOP brand name oils and factory filters. That is not what works anymore in many cases.

You may be in better shape in 2017 with a factory filter, I hear the Yota 4 banger takes a loaded cartridge. If Spin on, If its Denso Thailand - leave it on the parts counter!

[censored]? U can't just claim OMG SYNTHETIC OIL SUX IT'S NOT REALLY SYNTHETIC - MY PROOF IS ONE ANECDOTAL REPORT FROM A RANDOM GUY ON BITOG.

What was the condition of his engine?
What was his driving style?
Did he off road or idle a lot?

There's hundreds of ppl that use m1ep for 10k+ miles, even on this forum. But u choose one example to trash the oil?

Yeah I'll take the toyota engineers advice over yours any day of the week.

Derp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back