2017 CR-V, Tin ‘Skid-Plate’ Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Mr_Joe
Our CR-V about never leaves pavement, not that the cover protects anyway.

Well apparently it protected something if IT got damaged and nothing else above it it.

That crossed my mind … and people sometimes have to take to the shoulder to avoid impact that causes harm to people and two machines.

If I'm allowed to give GM a toot on this site … my Z71 has all kinds shields and guards … but they were kind enough to leave enough room to get to the oil filter and plug without removing anything else …

(my Ford Fusion is the opposite … not just oil but headlights, you name it) …

In the end the shield worked. That chunk of mud may have had a rock or a chunk of wood in it.

I would try pounding it out and see if it will fit. Sometimes a bench vise comes in handy. This sounds like cheap metal anyway.

If that doesn't work, check out your local salvage or junk yard. They might have one. It might not have to be your model year either.

Thanks for the parts link, made one today. I got a piece of metal from Home Depot, cut it to general size, then screwed it to the surrounding plastic. Nothing is harmed where I can't go back to stock.

I think I'll order one from the link then put it on at my leisure. My current home made one is plenty good for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back