2015 Mitsubishi Mirage high mileage 1.2 Ltr. engine tear down

I am a fan of minimalist cars although we don't now own one and probably won't again.
For a young person or anyone with limited dollars to spend with a longish commute, something cheap and cheap to run like a Mirage makes a lot of sense.
(y)

Yeah, this one was in better shape than the other one I tore down with less miles(450k kms). It was mainly used on the highway daily racking up 12,000km/7500miles a month so got a monthly oil change for the first 400k km/250k miles. Then it was used mainly in town and got 6000km/3700miles oil changes. Used the same oils as the previous engine but ran mobil 1 in this one longer before switching to klondike.

Were the C.VT. fluid and filters changed ? If so , what intervals ? Thanks for the post .

Were the C.VT. fluid and filters changed ? If so , what intervals ? Thanks for the post .
In this 524k car, I just changed the fluid a couple times doing drain and fills 2.5L. Then it piled up at 300k kms. I started changing fluid ever 50k km/30k miles and that seemed to make these things last much longer overall. There's one 2017 with 536k kms/333,000miles that's still got the original engine and cvt. It's never had a cvt filter replaced oddly enough...

I used to replace the paper cvt filter every 60-100k miles/100-160k kms but I haven't replaced one in years now. The filter/strainer in the pan is just a fine mesh metal screen. It doesn't seem to plug up, if it does then the cvt is hooped by that point.

Back