2015 Honda Fit 10 month review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stockrex
hey Andrew, what speeds are you getting 45mpg?

Huh? I'm sorry, I don't get it?

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I suppose he wanted to know at what speed you drive in order to achieve 45 mpg.

In hindsight I wish I'd have purchased the Civic sedan then. Oh well. The Fit looks nice...but as discussed, it rides as rough as a child's wagon.

My mother was initially considering the Fit (Jazz in Europe), but we steered her toward the Civic due to better ride quality. Alas, her Civic came with 225/45/17 tires, so it's probably not as plush riding as one would expect. She also complains that the 1.8 engine consumes too much fuel and she can barely open the door to get out once she parks in her little garage. Apparently the Euro Civic is pretty wide for its class. For her around-town-driving, I think the Fit may have actually been a better solution. Ooops!

I`ve got a 2014 Corolla with a CVT and at 70 on a flat road the rpm`s are 1900. great mpg and a decent ride.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Oops...obviously. What an idiot I am. I didn't read it correctly (morning...was just having my first cup of coffee). I thought he was asking about MPH...not MPG.

I drive the legal speed limit to get 45mpg. So....60-65mph.

Oops...obviously. What an idiot I am. I didn't read it correctly (morning...was just having my first cup of coffee). I thought he was asking about MPH...not MPG.

I drive the legal speed limit to get 45mpg. So....60-65mph.

thanks, I have to try driving at 60 mph someday ;-)

The stock tires on my fiesta are aide out of harpies vocal cords soaked in the blood of minotaur's or something, they sound horrid on the road. I drove my friends fiesta, he has some Michelin touring tire on it and it changed the whole feel and sound of the car.

Update: It's been three years now with the 2015 Honda Fit.

Current verdict: While being reliable......I'd have to say that it's a shoddy example of a Honda vehicle. Disappointed in it. Cheaply built. Front rotors warped for no good reason ($400 repair) and the rear struts are leaking (over $600 repair estimate).

I love my Ridgeline, but after the Fit, we are DONE with Honda.

Thanks for the update.

Are you happy with the Civic in your signature?

My mom was looking for a new vehicle a couple of years ago, and was considering the Fit (Jazz in Europe). I convinced her to buy the Civic instead. Still not sure if it was the right move for her. I think she wishes the MPG was better and the Fit would have been a less tight 'fit' in her tiny garage...

Thanks for the update.

Are you happy with the Civic in your signature?

My mom was looking for a new vehicle a couple of years ago, and was considering the Fit (Jazz in Europe). I convinced her to buy the Civic instead. Still not sure if it was the right move for her. I think she wishes the MPG was better and the Fit would have been a less tight 'fit' in her tiny garage...

So far I am satisfied with the Honda Civic I have but I've lost confidence in Honda because of the Fit we also own. If I had my choice again I would not buy a CVT transmission if I could avoid it. I don't want to use a 5-speed manual in traffic but the regular style automatic transmission would be my preference at this point. I think after a couple of more years of ownership I will be a better judge of my current Civic. But in my opinion it is a better car and every way so far than the Honda Fit.

I haven't read all the posts since kind of in a hurry at the moment. Some new tires that have a soft ride may help with comfort. Some GY Comfortreds should help with ride quite a bit. My brother has them on his Camry has it has an excellent ride, kind of like a Lexus.

Interesting. My family has a similar verdict. My parents have owned Hondas since the 1980s, and my mom says her 2011 Fit will likely be the last. I prefer my sister's 2005 Civic with 230k on it to the 2011 Fit.

Thanks. Also, didn't you buy a Honda scooter? Still have it?

Yes, I did. The Forza. I decided it was a bit of overkill to own so many vehicles....so I sold it. Just my Vespa now.

Yes, I did. The Forza. I decided it was a bit of overkill to own so many vehicles....so I sold it. Just my Vespa now.

That's too bad. I loved the looks of the Forza, and the proper instrument cluster. I think I would have kept it and sold the Vespa.
smile.gif

That's too bad. I loved the looks of the Forza, and the proper instrument cluster. I think I would have kept it and sold the Vespa.
smile.gif

As for a touring style scooter that can handle interstate speeds, the Forza was great. But for zipping around town and being extremely agile...I preferred the Vespa. It will easily do 55-60mph as well (although I rarely go that fast with it).

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

Interesting. My family has a similar verdict. My parents have owned Hondas since the 1980s, and my mom says her 2011 Fit will likely be the last. I prefer my sister's 2005 Civic with 230k on it to the 2011 Fit.

In my humble opinion, Honda isn't what it used to be. Quality and styling have gone in a direction I'm not happy with. The other day I was at the dealership (getting the Fit repaired), when I saw the new Civic Type R. Ugly car...looked like a teenager should drive it to school. But the real shock came when I read the price on it. $62,000!!! That's a joke.

I think the rough ride is a Honda thing.

My grandparent's 2011 CR-V rides like a horse carriage.

In my humble opinion, Honda isn't what it used to be. Quality and styling have gone in a direction I'm not happy with. The other day I was at the dealership (getting the Fit repaired), when I saw the new Civic Type R. Ugly car...looked like a teenager should drive it to school. But the real shock came when I read the price on it. $62,000!!! That's a joke.

That is crazy considering what $62,000 will buy you from other brands.

That is crazy considering what $62,000 will buy you from other brands.

Keep in mind that about 27k of that is dealer markup, which they apparently can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back