2014 ram 1500 8 speed clear adaptive learning after change?

Have a 2014 Ram 1500 with the 850re tranny that I am working on and wondering if I do a pan replacement with filter and new fluid how critical clearing the Adaptive learning would be at the dealer.

The price is very high at the few dealers I have tried so far and I do not have a good scan tool to be able to do that on my own

Isn't this to reset the fluid degradation setting? Not sure how much difference it makes to shift performance or feel. I reset it on my 17 Corolla with my Autel. For the price they charge, maybe put that money into a decent scan tool that will do it?

And scantools are just about the biggest ripoff planned obsolescence thing on the market. Android platform that is not upgradable.

And scantools are just about the biggest ripoff planned obsolescence thing on the market. Android platform that is not upgradable.
If you're driving a 2014 and a new scan tool does up to say 2022 models, why would you need to update anything?

That would not cover even a 5th of the cost of a think tool or equiv.
Some good mid-range models are in the $500 range. That's 3 hours diag at a dealer. After that it costs you nothing.

Have a 2014 Ram 1500 with the 850re tranny that I am working on and wondering if I do a pan replacement with filter and new fluid how critical clearing the Adaptive learning would be at the dealer.

The price is very high at the few dealers I have tried so far and I do not have a good scan tool to be able to do that on my own
After further research it is not an adaptive reset like on the fords. On a ford you simply clear it, and then you tolerate a few accelerations for it to relearn the base shifting.

On these ZF's the TCM will need to go into a "quick learn" mode with the scan tool attached and you have to drive it. That is why the labor is so high.

Back