2013 Subaru WRX! Photos + Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jigen
The only disadvantage with having this car where we live is all the little teenage ricer boys that will rev, cut you off, and try to "race you" from one light to the next.

Happened in my Camaro daily. One thing I didn't miss when I sold it.

Yes. It has been happening a lot.

I expect it to happen even more when I get my new exhaust put on.

If I have some spare time, I drive really slow and see how long they will drive slow next to me before they realize I am not going to race them.

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
If I have some spare time, I drive really slow and see how long they will drive slow next to me before they realize I am not going to race them.
smile.gif

My 330Ci sometimes attracts the same type - not very often; and when they do, I do exactly what you described above
smile.gif
it's so much fun.

The only disadvantage with having this car where we live is all the little teenage ricer boys that will rev, cut you off, and try to "race you" from one light to the next.

That used to happen to me often when I had a stock 97 Mazda Protege with a whopping 92 hp 1.5 liter engine. It always seemed to be someone in a Civic with a huge exhaust pipe, tinted windows, blue tinted headlights and other hideous modifications.

It does not happen to me in my Forester.

Originally Posted By: Joe1

That used to happen to me often when I had a stock 97 Mazda Protege with a whopping 92 hp 1.5 liter engine. It always seemed to be someone in a Civic with a huge exhaust pipe, tinted windows, blue tinted headlights and other hideous modifications.

It does not happen to me in my Forester.

Happens to me in my completely stock Civic coupe. Over the years I've had plenty of interest from potential teenage and early 20 year old buyers, so maybe when they roll up next to me, they assume I have something under the hood in a plain wrapper (and it still gets on the "most stolen" list). I don't know. I'm usually wearing a tie when this happens, and I don't even have upgraded wheels/tires on it, so any serious engine mods would be kind of a waste.

I'm sure someday it will be sporting a poorly installed wing and coffee can muffler, but not yet. Plan is two more years with it. Meanwhile I just continue to wish I had a short commute so I could get something like a WRX.

Looks very nice. Thanks for the pics and review. 19 mpg isn't too bad. That's about what my previous MKZ AWD got mixed. Now if I'm lucky, I break 14.

What, only 17" wheels?! Blasphemy! (j/k)

Great vehicle. My problem with it would be high potential for theft and because of theft and it's a performance car, a high insurance rate.

Given all the vehicles you owned. What is your opinion of the WRX interior for 2013?

In the past it was quite low rent in my 2004 WRX. The dog kennel carepting and cardbox felt ceiling was awful. My wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon was a huge leap forward for Subaru in material feel/quality/fit/finsih and longevity. IMHO better than recent generation Forester/Legacy but never had an Impreza/WRX to try.

The switch gear in that photo looks familiar from my wife's 05 Legacy GT.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Given all the vehicles you owned. What is your opinion of the WRX interior for 2013?

In the past it was quite low rent in my 2004 WRX. The dog kennel carepting and cardbox felt ceiling was awful. My wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon was a huge leap forward for Subaru in material feel/quality/fit/finsih and longevity. IMHO better than recent generation Forester/Legacy but never had an Impreza/WRX to try.

The switch gear in that photo looks familiar from my wife's 05 Legacy GT.

The interior is on par with the Jetta's. It is low cost, plastic.

That said, it works, is well laid out, and has no rattles.

The wheel, shifter, door arm pads, and everything you touch are all top notch.

Hands down the interior I liked the best out all the cars I have had was the M3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back