2013 Ram Hemi 1500 rad/heater hose tension clamps?

irv

2 of these tension clamps have broken on me so far. 1 heater hose clamp at the water pump and the other on the lower rad hose at the rad. Doing some research, there doesn't seem to be another alternative other that gear/worm clamps or T-Bolt clamps.
Just curious if others are having issues with theirs, and if so, what did you replace them with? I have used two gear/worm clamps so far and all is good but I know more are likely going to go soon so I was wondering if the T-Bolts, as they look better/tougher/beefier is the way to go? If T-Bolts, can I install those without taking said hoses off?

Attachments

• Ram clamp.jpg
    Ram clamp.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20230623_17_45_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20230623_17_45_02_Pro.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20230623_17_45_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20230623_17_45_19_Pro.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 15
They look a little light duty, and the rust where it cracked did not help.
Unless a heavier duty can be found, maybe they need to be changed as preventive maintenance.

Others have had this problem.
Good luck, eh.

Last edited:
32002370 is the part number for the clamp at the radiator, chrysler doesnt service the clamps for the heater hoses separate from the hoses but places like Mcmaster carr sell the constant tension clamps in those sizes

32002370 is the part number for the clamp at the radiator, chrysler doesnt service the clamps for the heater hoses separate from the hoses but places like Mcmaster carr sell the constant tension clamps in those sizes

Not really looking to replace them as 2 have failed me so far like I mentioned. Just curious if gear/worm clamps or those T-Bolt clamps are a good alternative. I like the looks of the T-Bolt clamps but with no prior experience with them, I am not sure they can be installed without removing the hoses? That is something I'd like to avoid.

Thanks just the same though.

Gates thermoclamp would be my recommendation. It sealed a leak on a 30 yr old hose that constant tension clamps would not seal.

1688926702039.jpeg

T bolts are probably overkill and can damage metal when overtightening.. Worm clamps work good if you use a wrench or socket to tighten. And you will need to revist them occasionally to retighten.

Hyundai makes good tension clamps. But I replace them around 50k miles or so.

Thanks guys.

Likely just going to replace with worm gear clamps but want to give the T-bolt clamps a look first.

Reactions: JTK
Luckily I haven't run into it, but guys like Eric O, over on the south main auto channel say they run into this issue all the time, especially with Chrysler/Jeep constant tension OEM clamps. I'd replace it with a stainless worm drive clamp personally.

The spring clamps are better because they are not sensitive to over/under torque. I would replace them with the same spring clamp. You could give them a coat of paint before installation to try and get >10 years from them.

Back