Constant tension clamps

Are these clamps only for hoses connecting to the engine that will get warm or hot as the engine heats up. Like radiator and heater hoses? So they remain the same tension whether hot or cold? I cannot find small ones for a gas line? What about vacuum lines?

Are there some brands better than others. I have bought a few at NAPA but then they starting giving me crap ordering them unless I ordered a full box of 10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-141531.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128-141531.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 93
My G35 uses them on all hoses - cooling, heater, PCV, etc. Well, not the exact type you are showing but the kind you use pliers to squeeze to open/release tension.

If you are willing to use the spring type (aka Mubea style), your local Ace Hardware likely has a wide size selection of them. Sold individually. They are loose in the pull-out drawers and relatively cheap vs. ordering other style elsewhere. They will have sizes for small vacuum hoses, OPE gas lines, etc.

I was talking about the ones pictured in the attached picture in my original post. Not the Mubea style.

I thought the ones pictured in the attached picture were the ultimate in hose clamps.

Back