2013 Elantra 55k miles of using Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy wall of text Batman! Your too frequent OCIs not withstanding, why would you delete the catalytic converter on a 2013 car? A Hyundai is not known or seen as a "sports car" so it could not have been done in the pursuit of more HP.

Nonetheless, it is a great looking car and...

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Welcome!
having had a base 2004 Elantra, let me say: VERY NICE (AND TASTEFUL) MODS!

because is so NICE, please do not come ever come close to a walmart parking to buy PP.
please buy your oil online to keep it NICE.

and I think you already have more then a few contenders when you get rid of it (because is NICE)

P.S. did i mentioned it is a NICE car?

when you have some time, search the forums about M2: it is the story of one guy that used the Mobil1 from his neighboor after 3K for another at least 3k miles....

Welcome Jersey Shore to BITOG! Stickers! Tint! Vent Shade! 12 speakers! +2" wheels! Custom leather! Zip tied license plate! HID! LED! OMG! WFT! BBQ!

It might be as almost capable as my 19 year old M3 sedan, but probably not. At least my 159k mile engine doesn't rattle.

Thanks guys. And I assure you i'm not trolling lol. I have a stack of service records and receipts about 4" thick for everything done to the car. Both maintenance and modifications. I can post a picture of it when I get home tonight if anybody seriously thinks I'm trolling. I really am, in every sense of the word, a nutjob when it comes to car care. I run a detail service as well. The car gets throughly detailed at least once a week, and when weather permits it typically gets a bath every two days. Undercarriage gets soaked in simple green at least once a week and hosed out. Engine gets cleaned once a week. Leather gets conditioned typically three times a week or so. wheels get pulled off every 10k miles so I can clean them from the backside, as well as degrease, and inspect all boots and brake lines, etc. Front bumper gets pulled off every few months to soak everything in simple green and clean away the accumulated bugs/dirt. People are gonna hate on me, I know. And I really don't care. I'll keep taking care of my vehicles the way I do, and everybody else can keep doing it the way they do. I would never expect ANYBODY to take care of a car the way I take care of this thing. But, they way I see it, I have the money, and time to do the things I do. I understand that not everybody does. Once again, I'm a self proclaimed nutjob when it comes to maintaining my vehicles.

Welcome. I tried your KIA/Hyundia spinon oil filter on my Nissan and it made it noisey, You may want to try a Honda s2000 003 Filtech and see if it clears it up. Most engine problems Ive had have been from filters and solve with a filter change. I know tho

Thanks for the advice man. I've tried Hyundai/Kia, Bosch DP, as well as Purolator's Blue can "synthetic" offering. It was all the same. Hyundai actually released a TSB about how some aftermarket filters can cause startup noise due to valve pressures being set at different ratings etc.

After that kia filter trial, the engine NEVER recovered on my new rogue - I assume so it killed a bearing or jammed the TCT somewhere . Or maybe it did a BMW M-vanos trick and chewed the TC guides around the TC cover to Hades.

Welcome.

Last edited:
Okay, well seriously, you have a psychological disorder. Is your whole life like this? Can't leave the house if there are water spots in the kitchen?

You mention time and money - imagine how much more time and money you would have to do other things, if you weren't so obsessed over your car.
Does it get you laid? If so, I understand (although its an Elantra, so maybe I wouldn't understand). If not, then maybe you should focus your time and effort into other things. NJ, shiny car - do you even lift bro? Kidding. I'm sure you do and wish you didn't so you weren't 100% stereotypical.

But, yeah, nice car.
Best welcome post in a while.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Stickers! Tint! Vent Shade! 12 speakers! +2" wheels! Custom leather! Zip tied license plate! HID! LED! OMG! WFT! BBQ!

LOL

Originally Posted By: Mazzella1992
Oddly enough, I'm OCD about keeping everything clean. It is a problem. But hey, if my "problem" means I have a spotless house, and meticulous cars, I'm ok with that lmao

We're just here to help each other work out their problems. Its only disguised as an oil forum.
cheers3.gif

I do believe I made it through 2015 without washing my Vue
laugh.gif
I'll take that as a way to offset your bi-weekly washes
wink.gif

Dude, it really is a problem lmao. It seriously bugs me if I can run my hand along the inside of my wheel wells and my hand catches any dirt at all. But, This might be one case in which a case of OCD is good. It means I'm extremely successful with running a detail service. I'm known for my meticulous ways. Sometimes, it pays off lol

Certainly overkill on the maintenance, but hey, to each his own. Nice ride. I really like the design of the current gen Elantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back