2010 sierra 5.3 afm issues ?

Just bought a 2010 sierra with the 5.3 the engine sounds great. i believe it has afm and vvt should i turn the afm off to avoid any future issues or do i need to worry about it? I heard there was a way to turn it off from the information and changing the settings.

As far as I know, there's not a way to disable the function via the Driver Info Center. You'll need an aftermarket dongle to do that. I have a 2019 with AFM, my plan is short-changing the OCI & hoping for the best. Keep the oil as clean as reasonably possible. Good luck!

Just bought a 2010 sierra with the 5.3 the engine sounds great. i believe it has afm and vvt should i turn the afm off to avoid any future issues or do i need to worry about it? I heard there was a way to turn it off from the information and changing the settings.
You should be able to go to trip/economy screen - and see if it shows 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder modes.
I put a Range module in our 2017 a year ago - works great …

Range module in my '11 5.3 Tahoe since I bought it in '14 at 35k miles. Zero issues and now at 145k miles. Only full synth. oils and changes via the OLM which is never over 7500 miles in summer, OLM changes trigger at less mileage in winter BTW. V8 mode all the time is only 1 mpg less on average highway. It never consumes more than 1/2 qt. between changes. Sees under 4k lb. trailer towing duty also.
No playing with manual mode either, just toss it in D and go.

Back